05 ❀ In Which She Has A Crush On Him

Lily Evans agreed to go out with James Potter!

    Every soul in Hogwarts knew and cherished the fact. James Potter had been over the moon and his friends sickly worried if their friend will die of happiness.

    Today was the day, as marked by many, Lily has gone out to Hogsmeade with James Potter. James strictly denied his friends to follow but there were still other junior students who were keen to know if the date was real.

    "I dont know what got upon my sister," Bryony shook her head, "I thought she atleast had a portion of my brains."

    Sitting on the quidditch pitch, waiting for the practise to begin as the vice captain of the team was as usual late, Bryony dwelled deeper and deeper into the thoughts of where she went wrong in raising her elder twin.

    "I think she's possessed," Marlene said deep in thoughts, "There's no way she would actually agree to Potter!"

     "I am gonna haunt Potter for whole his life if he had done anything wrong with my sister." Bryony flared.

     "Such dramatic people," Alice shook her head at her friends' theatrics, and went back to reading her muggle book with a pleasant smile gifted by Frank Longbottom, Wuthering Heights.

    "Do you think we should go and check on them?—" Bryony asked with the surging impatience in her but got interrupted by a charming voice.

    "How about you accompany me?" Sirius Black, coming in their direction from behind with his broomstick in his hand, smirked at Bryony gaining a glare.

    "You are late." Bryony stated standing up folding her arms. He just held the smiled which was due to her sight, "Sorry for keeping you waiting, love."

    Marlene's eyes shot up, Alice choke on air coughing loudly, while Bryony felt all frozen at the word she just heard.

    "Gather around boys and girls!" Sirius called towards everybody after shooting a wink in the stunned redhead's direction.

     "How cringe." Marlene grimaced at what he just did, dusting her clothes off upon standing up, while Alice had completely opposite views, "No, just look at her, she loved it, didnt you Bryony?"

    "What? No!" Bryony exclaimed incredulously at her stupidly smiling friend, "Let me just go to practise."

    Ignoring the cheesy smile from Alice, Bryony scurried off to where the team had gathered for the practise, headed by Sirius. After giving all the instructions, the practise began and Bryony tried to avoid him at all costs, only focussing on the golden snitch and not that human snitch.

    "Watch out, Brie!" Sirius exclaimed smashing the approaching buldger away from her. Before she could turn to even nod at him, her attention was grabbed by the shining snitch flying across the pitch, and she immediately followed it hot after its tail.

    Just in ten minutes of the game, she was able to catch the snitch, making it another unbreakable record in the whole school. The game came to a halt as everyone erupted in hoots and cheers and landed on ground.

    "Great job, Evans." Wood patted her back as everyone else too congratulated her but her eyes went on the vice captain of the team who was busy packing the buldgers and quaffles back in the case with a smile.

     As everyone started leaving for the changing room and Bryony gestured her friends to wait, who sat on the stands waiting for her and nodded back at her, Bryony quickly turned to Sirius.

    "Here," She held the snitch out towards him making him look and stand up with a smile, before she could say anything further she was pulled against him in a hug, as he whispered "You were amazing, Brie."