12

i think personally, my favourite place that i've ever visited had to be Annecy, so i just kinda had to include this heh. all the details related to the town are based on my personal experience there, it was so beautiful and fun and yes the swans really were that magical 😭 people really were jumping in the freezing lake in mid december and i was so confused but id totally try it now tbfh

anyway pls enjoy this chapter! ur in for a treat 👀

————

Kaia stood before the massive lake, her lips slightly parted in awe. This had to be the bluest body of water she had ever laid eyes on. And if that wasn't perfect enough, the swans swimming in the water in twos with their necks bent together to form the shape of a heart was the most perfect scene for this exact same and perfect moment.

She gasped softly when another came flying even closer to her and fell in the lake with a very soft splash. "Oh my god, T, did you see that?"

Kaia turned around with the goofiest smile on her face only to find the blonde filming the whole thing. "I did see that, yeah," she told her with a matching smile.

They had just checked into their hotel but as Taylor was getting their room, Kaia had wandered outside when she had noticed an open sliding door that led out into a huge garden right by the lakeside. Taylor had followed her soon after, rolling their bags behind her.

"Let's put these in the room... apparently we've got a great view of the lake and the mountains over there," Taylor told her, pointing at the great Alps in the background, the tops covered in pure, white snow. "We'll get changed and then we can take a walk around the lake before dinner."

"Uh-uh, you're going to have to drag me back inside," Kaia murmured, her voice filled with marvel.

Taylor laughed quietly, closing the gap between them by wrapping her arms around Kaia's waist from behind. She rested her chin over her shoulder and kissed her cheek. "We've got two whole days, and this evening, to appreciate this view. It's not going anywhere," Taylor reminded her, and Kaia could feel the blonde's lips smiling amusedly against the skin of her cheek.

"But it's so pretty!"

"It's even prettier when the sun sets! We'll change and come back to watch it," Taylor promised, kissing her cheek once again.

"Mhm... fine," Kaia sighed heavily and finally peeled her eyes away from the lake for the first time since they had arrived almost a whole hour ago. "Do I get more kisses?"

"You get as many kisses as you want," Taylor nodded as Kaia turned around in her arms, their noses brushing against one another.

"Good," she beamed, pulling Taylor in for a passionate kiss.

She was just about to deepen it when they heard a big splash somewhere to the right, making them pull apart to check where the commotion was coming from.

"Jeez, did those two just jump in there?!" Taylor exclaimed, eyes wide as she stared at the two young men, swimming in their speedos a few meters away. "Isn't it like freezing cold?"

"Yeah... they do that, sometimes," Kaia chuckled, a little irritated that their moment was interrupted. "We do that sometimes too, back home in England, where my nan lives. Sometimes around Christmas."

"You— what?"

Kaia grinned as she nodded. "Yeah! Maybe one day I'll drag you in a freezing lake with me."

"You'll have to drag my dead body," Taylor responded, grabbing her by the hand and her luggage in the other one and they started walking back inside to their room. It was on the third floor, and as soon as Taylor had opened the door, Kaia ran to the balcony where she could see the exact same spot they had just been standing in.