Chapter Seventeen

To be honest, I didn't feel comfortable with him sitting next to me. He had his hand over my shoulder as we watch my TV and for the kids to sit on the floor. I turned my head to face the window as the sun was setting. The pinks, orange, and hits of red mixing and dancing into the sky, it was a pretty site. I looked back around to still see the kids watching the Tv and William passed out. I sighed as I moved his hand off of my shoulder; getting up and laying him down. I sat onto the floor next to Elizabeth as she crawled into my lap. I held her close as we sat in silence.

  "Mommy?" Elizabeth spoke softly

  "Yes Elizabeth?" I spoke in the same tone

  "Will you ever leave us? We seen your face when daddy put his hand on your shoulder."

   "Oh honey, it's alright. My body is starting to hurt again that's all." I smiled as she had one across her

  I honestly didn't want to leave the kids. At the same time I didn't want to be with William, yet I care for him. Having these mixed feelings made me feel some kind of way I dislike a lot. The way he grabbed me that night felt so passionate but yet when he threw me out; I couldn't feel the same energy to him. He is a killer.. yes, I mean kids are little assholes most of the time but doesn't mean to end them...

——-

  I must fell asleep as my eyes scan the dark room. The setting wasn't right though, this didn't feel as my room. I shot up out of bed and I realized, I wasn't at my house. I was back at William's house. I sighed as I placed my hand on my forehead. I honestly thought this would be the last place I would show up too. As I was about to lay back down a knock on the door was heard and I walked over to open the door. I looked up a little bit to see Micheal. He's tall for a fifteen year old boy, let you tell you.

  His eyes had a glass gloss of his silver eyes with his messy dark brown hair. I softly smiled as I held him close. The boy started cry a bit as I pet him on the back.

  "Y/n, can we talk please..." he asked as I step aside letting him in.

   "What is it Micheal? What's going on?" I asked as I sat on the bed next to him, turning  on the side lamp

  "Y/n, to be honest out of everything. I don't want you to leave us... It's really sad to say but you're a mother figure to us. I think father told you that's why the kids call you mommy. We just never had a mother figure.." he choked on some of his words, why was he thinking I was going to leave? "And father been with many different women but they always treated me like shit because I'm older. They always leave me or blame things on me so I can get in trouble for."

  I just sat in silent as he rant on about everything. My poor heart dropped as he showed me his arms. Nothing could come out, I just moved next to him more as I gave him a hug. Tears sting both of our eyes as we just held each other.

  "I'm not going to leave Micheal, you're a good kid. Very good kid; you take care of your siblings and dad a lot. You shouldn't be worrying about me, I ain't leaving you kids. You kids deserve everything in the world." I broke the hugs as I cupped his cheeks into my hands. " I promise, I will not leave. Even if your father is being a really big asshole. Alright?"

  He shyly smiled as he threw his arms around me again. I just pat his back as he did this thing. Only after a couple minutes, Micheal fell asleep on my shoulder. I lay him down in the bed and shut off the light. I couldn't stop thinking about Micheal and William about how they would always fight. The boy only wants to be loved by someone. I grabbed a pillow and a small thin blanket as I placed them on the floor. As my hit the pillow I was gone...

——-

  Waking up the the sound of running and yelling in the hallway, I got up from the floor. The room was bright as hell due to the sun shining brightly. I looked on the bed only to see if empty. I walked over to the door and opened it up as I seen the kids and William running up and down the hallway. I looked at the time only to see it was 22:49. I looked up as the kids grabbed their backpacks and ran out the door along with William grabbing his keys and ran down the stairs. I sighed as I walked back into the room. I changed into a pink silky dress and I threw my hair into a lazy bun. I smiled to myself as I walked out into the empty house.

  Walking down the stairs, I thought it would be nice if I made me and William something nice to eat. I walked into the kitchen as it was clean. I opens the door to the fridge and pulled out some eggs as I placed them on the counter. Then I open the cabinet door and grabbed a frying pan. Eggs should be good right? Maybe with some toast along with it?

——

  After a couple minutes of cooking I got done with the food. I smiled to myself as my mouth water, it looked and smelt so good. I grabbed two plates and I set two sunny-side eggs on each plate along with two pieces of toast. I know, all the shit I would talk to him but I do have a soft spot for him.. I still care for him.. I placed the plates on the Island and placed the pan and fork in the sink as I started to wash them.

After I got done I snap my head to the door way of the kitchen only to have William leaning against it with his arm cross. I held my hands down to my side as he got over a walked to me. With every step closer he took, the shallow my breath got. This man was something else, one minute I'm like afraid of him yet I feel so safe...

  William brushed his fingers against my cheek as he had a small smile on his face only to reply with a 'thank you' before walking away and eating the breakfast. I looked down and then...

  "Why?" I asked as he looked his head up

   "Why what love?" He asked as he sat his fork down

   "Why did you kill them?..." the room went quiet "why would you do that?.. you have kids of your own, don't you think that they know about this? Should your kids be scared.???"

   I felt the heavy eyes on me as I looked at him on the corner of my eyes.

  "It's simply dear, I just don't like brats that don't listen..." William voice went cold "kids think the world is theirs; in reality it's not. See, kids don't listen to parents, but they do for me.."

  "They are kids, yes I understand William; don't think I don't. Killing them though? Really?..." I asked as I walked over to him, I leaned against the counter. "You know how that makes me feel right?"

  All William could do was shake his head no. He didn't nor couldn't understand..

  "It doesn't make me feel safe, yes I said it to your face William. It hurts me to think about you hurting the kids..." my face dropped into a frown as I looked down

  "Darling, I'm never going to hurt my own kids. I could never Y/n. I'd rather die then for my kids get hurt or be dead before me." William pushed over the other plate full of food

  I nodded as I took the fork and cut up the egg as the golden liquid spilled out of it. I took a small bite of it as I looked down. Would he ever kill his kids? I sat down the fork as I ran to the bathroom. For some reason, the bodies of the kids came in mind as I fell on my knees on the cold hard bathroom floor. Body felt weak as everything came up. Seeing the kid's lifeless bodies got to me deeply. That's only happened yesterday, I think. Flushing the toilet and leaning back against the cold wall, William came thought and squats in front of me as he cleaned around my lips off. He didn't say a word but just looked at me.

  I couldn't bare to look at him, but those eyes get me every time. The way they brighten when something good happens nor go dull as something bad happens. I turned my head to the side as he gotten closer. Feeling his hot breath against my skin as he placed a soft kiss on my forehead. He had worried in his eyes, maybe he knows what I'm about? I think he knows of the lifeless kids in my eyes. He rubbed his dark brown messy hair as he got up and held out a hand to me; I gladly took it.

  We both walked out of the bathroom as headed up the stairs to the guess room. The house felt a bit colder than usual but with everything going on; it honestly hasn't bothered me once. I grabbed his shirt as I moved closer to him. He felt warm, yet I didn't want to be closer nor by him....

The house kept getting colder and colder......