16

Jenna

I sit awake, the beeping had keep me up most of the night. We started the chemo yesterday and I kept feeling sick every time I went to move.

I guess my body had trouble keeping anything down when it was being pumped with chemicals.

Doctor Roberts walks in with a clipboard in her hand.

"Hello Jenna, how are you feeling?" She also sitting next to me.

"Better" I shrug. "I'm still tired though." She smiles sweetly. Jotting something down on the clipboard.

She walks around the hospital bed checking my vitals and messing with my IV drip.

"Well that checks off my rounds." She says walking back to my side and sitting down.

"If you don't mind I have something more personal to ask you?" She leaves it hanging in the air as a question. I nod my head instead of answering. I was a bit confused as why she would have a personal question for me.

"Do you know a Jonathan Cooper?" She ask. I swallow, I did know a Jonathan Cooper. I knew him well.

"Yeah, I meet him a few months ago."
She nods her head.

"I don't know if he told you but he has a little girl, her name is Cassidy." I nod my head.

"Well me and my husband are the people who adopted her. We've grown close to Jonathan over the years. He came to me yesterday asking if I knew you. I told him that I did but I wouldn't tell him where you were until I asked you."

I nod but stay silent for a minute. Did I want him to know? Would I break him more? I had so many questions but I didn't seem to have an answer.

God I prayed silently. Help me. I need your guidance.

"Can you just bring him here? I want to tell him in person." She nods getting up and leaving.

"I'll bring him in tomorrow, see you then." I smile to myself.

"Well I'll be here." She laughs and I laugh with her. She leaves and I smile.

I turn on the TV but there's nothing good on. I turn it off again and open my phone. I look through my notifications but all they are is responses to my art online. I answer a few of the nice comments before closing my phone and setting it on the nightstand.

I pick up my Bible hoping to find answers to my questions. I read through my favorite passages but none seem to bring comfort to me now. I close it to and close my eyes.

I picture myself in a field. There's grass that covers the ground until it hits the trees. In the middle sits a rock that's my focus, because on that rock I can feel his presence. The love and peace that radiates off of him. He reaches out his hand to touch my shoulder.I feel everything lift as he does.

Be still my child. Trust me. I am here. I carried your pain on the cross did I not?

I nod my head not trusting my voice.

Then trust me. I will never leave you nor forsake you.

That's how I fall asleep like that. For the first time in days I don't wake up again.

☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕

I have never put so much in to a story.
I can't wait for the end. I feel like this is the story. (If you write you know what I mean.)

Thanks for reading, don't forget to vote.