🏵️Chapter 49🏵️: The Accused Princess.

{Eleanora's P.O.V}

I got down from the police car, my hands handcuffed and two policemen by each of my side like royal bodyguards but this time, they were taking me to the station, with my blood-stained dress and my scattered hair. Even if I said I wasn't a murderer, no one would believe me because I definitely looked like one.

  The media and the journalists were already gathered at the police station, waiting for me.

My hatred for journalists, just keep growing.

"What do you have to say for the death of your brother?" Asked one Journalist.

"The answer is already written all over you but the world will like to know why you killed your brother?"

"It is said that you and your brother had a fall out. Is this what led to you murdering your brother?" 

"What do you think king Azad of blessed memory would say about this?"

"What do you have to tell the nation for this?"

When the questions were getting too much, the police officers guarded me away from the people while the head of the team that came to arrest me stood in front to reply the journalists.

"We will get to the bottom of Prince Green's sudden departure. So please, give us more time". The man replied before moving forward into the angry mob so we could get into the station.

"Here we are, at the headquarters of the police station. Earlier today, a picture of Bloody Princess Eleanora has showed up on the internet and the whole nation is wondering what could have possibly happened to let her end up that way.

News are just incoming, that she was caught red handed while she was killing her brother, covering his mouth and nose so he wouldn't breathe as he lost so much blood. Her very own maid is going to the station with her to testify of Princess Eleanora's atrocities.

The nation is angry at her for throwing the name of the Royal household in the mud. Though the police have said that they'll get to the bottom of the matter, the Princess doesn't look remorseful for what she did. Let's see how long she can hold it off. I'm Laurel, CTV news".  I heard a reporter say towards the camera not too far away from me as we kept struggling with the crowd.

This morning I was with my brother, having what seemed like a hearty conversation but now I'm being labelled for murdering him? And my supposed maid, who I loved so dearly, blamed me for my brother's death?

Could she have been the one who killed him but blamed it on me before she was traced?  I thought as I was pushed into the police station by the men who wanted to protect me from the mob. Mary followed us confidently, avoiding my eye contact as I tried to lock eyes with her.

I was asked to sit down beside another cop, my two hands handcuffed to the back of a chair.

"What's going on outside?" One of the cop asked his colleague.

"Don't get me started. It's not everyday the respected Princess of the nation is seen as a bloody mess". I heard the colleague reply.

"Miss Mary, right?" One of the detectives, wearing different uniform from that of the cops, suddenly asked Mary.

"Yes, that's me". Mary said in almost a whisper, looking more terrified than usual all of a sudden. 

"You need to calm down, Miss Mary, and tell us everything you know. What really happened between the Princess and the deceased?" The detective who was now settled down on his chair, asked Mary, observing her closely.

I just  watched Mary blankly as she continued to perform. I was lost of words.

"The Princess and her brother have not always been in good terms, right?" The detective asked.

"No, they've not". Replied Mary.

"What was the reason for their fight?" He asked Mary.

"I don't know what it is but there was a lot of tension between them. Maybe that was what cause the struggle between them". Mary replied and I couldn't help but widen my eyes at the lie she just gave.

"What struggle is that?"

"Didn't you see the scene? There were broken glasses littered all over the floor. You do not need anyone to tell you that there was a struggle before he died". Mary lied effortlessly.

"Mary!" I called her in disappointment. How could she like against me without Banting an eyebrow.

"Princess, let us do our jobs, please". The detective said to me, signalling me to keep shut.

"I can't answer you straightly if she's still here". Mary told the detective who ordered two men to take me away from there, putting me in a cell, like a hardened criminal.

________________________✍️

   "For the last time, I don't know anything about my brother's death and there was no struggle before he died!" I replied for the hundreth time today.

"So you mean that the broken table and the broken glass on the floor, was of your own will and not from a struggle between you and your brother?"

"I don't fucking care if you believe me. I want to see my royal lawyer" I demanded.

"Eleanora, we are talking to you as policemen who your grandfather ordered to protect this country. Right now you're not a princess but a Murder suspect, so please, tell us everything you know about this, willingly before we get the statements of people"

"Since you're so bent on not listening to me, do your worst!" I replied the bastard angrily.

Suddenly the door banged opened and in came Lilou. She was fuming badly as two guards couldn't hold her down.

"You have no right to hold a royal member down in your custody without enough evidence!" Lilou yelled at them.

"Princess Lilou, we're only doing our job. She was seen at the scene, with Prince Green dead in her laps"

"IF YOU HAD TAKEN MY BROTHER TO THE HOSPITAL INSTEAD OF BRINGING ME HERE, DO YOU THINK HE WOULD HAVE DIED?! EVEN IF IT WAS A STRAND OF HOPE LEFT, WE COULD HAVE SAVED HIM! DOING YOUR WORK? YOU'RE INTERROGATING ME BASED ON THE STATEMENT OF MY MAID WHO HAS NO EVIDENCE!" I yelled at him more frustrated than ever.

"I understand that the two of you are spoilt brats and were not trained. But you need to know that this is my place of work not your palace. So behave yourself or your fair treatment will come to an end!" The man replied us angrily, banging the table.

"I want to speak to my cousin alone. All of you leave!" Lilou ordered them.

"Listen Princess, we are not-"

"In the name of Princess Ariana, I order you to leave!" Lilou commanded showing them Princess Ariana's token.

They reluctantly agreed and left leaving me and Lilou in the room. Once they were gone, Lilou came forward and hugged me tightly. I hugged her tightly too, exhausted and weak.

"Hang on there for a little while, Nora. I'll make sure to get Uncle Steven to help you out. And as for Mary, I promise to deal with her". Lilou whispered in my ear but that just made me break down.

"He was fine, Lilou. He was perfectly fine. We were talking and suddenly he just started throwing up blood".

"I saw his corpse too. He looked like he was just sleeping".

"Wake him up then. Tell him to come and save me like he always does. Tell him to come for me and save me from this mess". I begged her, as I sniffled.

"He is coming back...". She replied me as I heard her sniffle. She was trying to be strong for me but it was no use. She was failing terribly.

  "Nora, I saw Green in my dream last night. And he told me to tell you, that he loves you and you need to hang on". She whispered in my ear.

"Liar. He was alive this morning". I reminded her.

"I'm just trying to comfort you, Nora. It's my silly attempt to make you smile". She told me but I didn't smile. There was no will to smile. Even though the tears had stopped coming, nausea, headache and dizziness set in.

Suddenly, I pushed her away and threw up all the wine I drank on the floor. Once I did, things started getting blurry and before I knew it, I fell face down into my own vomit.