[chapter fifteen] a pity party for one and one only

✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

I think I was slowly starting to lose my mind, to spiral. Every time I closed my eyes, I saw the Darach, I heard their warning. They were in my head, and it had sent me into a spiral of paranoia

New Orleans had also been on my mind the whole way home from the track meet. Since the words left my Mothers lips, it was also all I could think about. I hadn't been there in over two years, and despite my reason for staying clear of the place, I missed the people she left in it. The people I considered family.

I had lived in New Orleans with Laura the summer before I started high school. Like everywhere we moved to, there was trouble. The night we left was filled with blood, fire, anger,  tears and death.

The Mikaelson's were the first vampires to ever be created, they were the originals and over a thousand years old. There were four of them and they were all siblings. Freya was the oldest, she was a witch just like me, except she had aged extremely slowly. The next sibling was Elijah, the one who always seemed to piss me off on purpose, and who I would piss off back. Then there was Klaus, my favourite. Somehow, I was one of the only people who was able to get under his skin and drive him fucking crazy, and it was something I always used to my advantage, pissing him off was something I enjoyed very much. That's what made him one of my favourites, I knew exactly how to piss him off and knew that no matter how far I went, he would never hate me. Then there was Rebekah. Rebekah was the youngest and the one I often referred to as Auntie Bex. She had always been more of an Aunt or big Sister to me. Then there was Hayley, the newest addition. She wasn't blood related to the other four but she had just had Klaus's child so that made her a Mikaelson. They were a big and very complicated family, given the fact that they were some of the most known supernaturals.

And also family friends of the Hales. I had grown up around them, often visiting them in the holidays or whenever they were actually home. The last time I had seen them in person I was only fourteen and very stubborn. Though I didn't know it, my presence in New Orleans had brought a lot more attention to the area, which inevitably brought trouble. Something I was a magnet for. 

The second my coven found out I was in the area they started to cause chaos. They recruited other vampires and werewolves to turn against the Mikaelsons, and me. And after a huge fight and a lot of bloodshed, the Mikaelson's obviously won but that didn't stop my coven. They demanded that if I didn't leave New Orleans, I would be killed which led to me and Laura moving once again.

Despite the downfall of  my coven, I still hadn't been back to New Orleans yet, though I had spoken to Rebekah and Hayley a handful of times since leaving. They were all having trouble of their own.

"Ready?" Allison whispered from beside me, giving me a light nudge before sliding out of her seat on the bus.

"Shit." I mumbled under my breath before grabbing my things and throwing them into my bag and running after her.

As soon as we stepped off the bus, we were met with a very relieved Chris. Though he was relieved to see us, not because he knew. After what had happened, me and Allison agreed on not telling the man what I had almost done. Allison was reluctant to agree to what I was saying, however after my long explanation of all the bad things telling Chris would cause, Allison finally agreed.

"Are you girls okay?" Chris asked as he engulfed us into a hug.

"Mmmhh." We hummed in unison. 

"Good, let's pick up pancakes on the way home."