$ 29 $

CHAPTER 29
·̩̩̥͙ $ * ☆ •̩̩͙ * ♡︎ * •̩̩͙ ☆ * ˚ $ ·̩̩̥͙

"When can I put you on the tree?"

Estrella looked down at Ashtray as he held up the star topper for the tree, impatiently waiting for her to be done decorating the tree in the living room.

Christmas was a week and a couple days away. Fezco and Ashtray had never put up a tree for Christmas before, but since Estrella asked if she could put up a tree after watching a few Christmas movies during a movie night, Fezco went and bought her the tree and the lights and the ornaments and all that other shit within an hour.

And the morning after, she was in the living room decorating. She wanted to fill the house with Christmas spirit, and much to her surprise, Ashtray wasn't being a fucking grinch and was actually helping.

By putting the star on top whenever she finished and also doing the honors of plugging the lights in.

"Whenever Fezco wakes up so he lift your short ass up," Estrella laughed as she hung an ornament on the tree.

Ashtray scoffed at her and bopped her head with the star, "Who's the short ass?"

"Ow, you're such a little–nevermind. Do you have any ornaments with your picture on it? I remember when I was in elementary we would make one every year and my mom would hang it up on the tree," Estrella said.

"I thought your mom hated you," Ashtray said, recalling explanation Estrella gave him after he found out she actually had a mother.

"Yeah, so?"

"So why would she put your ornament on the tree?"

"I hate you and I'd put your ornament on the tree," She laughed.

"But I thought you loved me."

"You think a lot of wrong things baby," Estrella told him. "Except for that one though. I do love you."

"Cool. But I don't love you back though."

"That's okay. I love myself enough for the both of us," Estrella smiled at him, making him roll his eyes. "Soooo no ornament?"

Ashtray shook his head in response and looked up at the tree.

"The schools are so wack nowadays. Give me a sec," Estrella grabbed her polaroid camera off the coffee table and snapped a quick picture of Ashtray without any warning, making him close his eyes at the bright light.

"What the fuck, I wasn't ready," He complained as the picture printed.

"Too bad," Estrella laughed as she fanned it so it would develop quicker, then grabbed another ornament to hang up. "Have you ever built a gingerbread house?"

Ashtray shook his head again.

"Really?" Estrella scoffed. "Well we're gonna build one...I'm gonna buy more than one though because knowing you, you'll smash a hammer on it when it gets too difficult."

She smiled down at the developed picture of Ashtray with his eyes slightly opened due to the light and laughed as she grabbed a big ornament and some tape, then taped the picture to the ornament and hung it on the tree.