Four

Make sure to vote and comment!!

ARABELLA

"A-Adam..."

I clutch the towel tighter and I feel chills spread throughout my body.

"Explain." His cold chilling voice rings through the room and I watch as he closes the door and locks it.

Fear hits me like a wave.

He isn't drunk, whatever he does, he is doing it purposely. I wouldn't have a excuse this time.

"Adam... Darling... I-I can explain." I stutter and I'm about to open my mouth and start but I'm cut off by a stinging sensation.

I fall to the ground, still trying to keep the towel from falling off. I put my hand in my cheek and wince.

"I know you were cheating on me, you little whore." He growls and I feel tears fall from my face. Where is Rico?

"Does Rico know you're here...?" I look up at him hesitantly and he gets angry that I talked back and it wasn't his name coming out my mouth.

He grabs my hair and pulls me up by it, I hiss and grab onto his hands that are in my hair.

He looks at my fire hair with disgust. "Why is it curly? You know how much I love straight hair and I know you want to meet my expectations. Why did you let your disgusting hair curl?" He says with a snappy tone, causing me to whimper.

"Because Rico-" he throws me on the ground.

"Stop saying his name! After I got the bone chilling call from the boss of this place telling me that my girlfriend was there, I was enraged." He shouts at me and I shrink.

Rico told him?

"But you left me!" I somehow have the courage to tell and automatically regret it when I feel and kick to my stomach.

"Goddamn right I did. I was so tired of your whiny this and that. You could've called a cab or asked someone to take you home but no. You want to be a slut and go sleep in another man's bed." He kicks me again and I cough.

How much did Rico tell him...

When he grabs me, the towel slips from my hands and he holds me up. He looks down my body and snarls in disgust. Ouch.

"God, why did you have to be so... Ugly..." he looks like he wants to gag by the way he looks at me and I want to fall in a hole and never come back.

I feel sobs rack through me as he throws me down once more before looking down at me. "Get your shit together and we are going home." He points at my during pants and his shirt on the ground.

I nod with my head down and wait until I hear a door shut to finally curl myself into a ball and mentally die.

I hate him. I hate me. I hate everything.

When I'm pretty sure my hair is dry and so is my body, I grab the dirty clothes off the floor and slide them on my clean body. I hate wearing dirty clothes.

I smell Adam's shirt and think back to when we first started dating. He was so nice...

I push those thoughts back as I walk out of the bathroom and look over to see clean clothes neatly folded. He must have brought them when I was showering.

So sweet.

I waddle out of the room and go down the creepy stairs.

I find myself back where this whole incident started and look around. I find Adam outside, leaning against his car with a smirk on his face when he looks at his phone.

I wonder what is so funny.

He doesn't smile as much as he used to around me.

As I walk out the door, I look over and lock eyes with Rico. His eyes look at mine for a moment, then my hair, then my clothes, then they finally move towards the handprint on my cheek.

His eyes fill with anger but before he can say anything, I quickly walk out of the store with my head down.

I walk up to Adam as he grab my arm tightly. He looks behind me and kindly smiles with a wave. I look behind me to see a very angry Rico and I give him a small smile and wave but get tugged by Adam.

I wince and follow him into the car. I situate myself into the seat and we sit in silence for a moment before he starts the car up and speeds away.

The car ride home is thick with silence and I actually don't mind it. With Adam, it's either yelling, fake happiness, or a spine chilling calm voice.

The calm voice is scariest.

"How could you do that to me? How could you be such a bitch?" He says lowly and I frown, looking at my lap. Feeling guilt eat me up.

My stomach grumbles and I look over at him. "I know what I did was wrong... I'm sorry. We didn't do anything, we just slept because I had nowhere to go, I mean you did leave me-"

"Do not put the blame on me you fucking whore."

I look down, my stomach growling again.

"Can we get some food?"

"No. You can starve. You are already fat enough."

Sometimes it feels like there is never just a day when we can be happy. He always has something bad to say about me and sometimes it gets tiring. Really tiring.

I want to see Rico again, as bad as it sounds. I had never felt the type of feeling I was with him.

It wasn't anything romantic, it just felt like a safe feeling. A feeling where I didn't have to keep a eye open to make sure he wouldn't hurt me, or have to keep the doors locked.

Plus, he was nice to me.

Since Adam was my first for basically everything, I had never felt someone, a guy, do anything so nice for me in a while.

I want to see him again.
——————————————————————————