Chapter 62

"Rajkumari what are you saying!" Shankh exclaimed in horror, his eyes had became glassy as he was holding back tears. "I am telling the truth Rajkumar, I love someone else" lakshmana replied on the verge of tears herself. "Who?" Shankh asked his gaze fixed on the ground and fists curled, nails digging in his palms. "Jambvati Nandan Sambh, though no one except Tai knows about this" she replied gulping. Shankh shot up his head, his lips parted due to the shock, Sambh! The one who was his close friend. He turned around not facing her as tears ran down his cheeks.

"I..I am sorry" lakshmana managed to say, "You don't need to Rajkumari... You don't. Would you please please leave me alone here!" Lakshmana nodded wiping her tears and ran inside the palace. Shankh sat on a nearby bench, holding his head in his palms, shedding more tears. Though he knew it wasn't right to behave in such a way at his bhabi's natal home, but the tears in his eyes were not ready to listen.
************************************
"Stop please and tell me why you brought me here" Vedangi pulled out her arm from Aradhika's grip. The latter had brought Vedangi from the celebration hall to her chamber, stating it was something very urgent. Vedangi sat on her couch, putting hair strands behind her ear, "I heard from the dasis of Kulinda that, the wedding of the their princess is fixed with our Yuvraj" .

Vedangi gasped, her palm on her mouth and eyes wide, "You must be mistaken!" She exclaimed. "I swear on my lord Vashusaini, I heard the dasis speak to each other" she replied her eyes filled with tears. Vedangi clutched the bedsheet tightly, digesting the shock. How can her Shvet do something like this? He loved her more than anything else. He called her swamini, the owner of his soul. He was the one who had healed her broken soul with his tender touch, he had promised to love her forever, how can he bring another wife when she was alive. She hiccuped while crying, Aradhika rushed with a glass of water but Vedangi denied.

After spending almost half an hour crying, she rose on her with something in her mind. "Aru, polygamy isn't a new thing in Aryavarta. Even my father have two wives. I have decided that , if this wedding is going to make nath happy then I have no objection regarding it. I am ready to accept the princess as his second wife" Vedangi nodded. "What are you saying Yuvrani, you are his first wife, he should have atleast talked to you regarding this" Aradhika said shaking her shoulders. "Aru, I don't want to lose him. It's.. it's okay of he marries a second time, but I can't afford to lose him, he is too precious to me. I love him too much for that" Vedangi replied leaning on Aradhika's shoulder.

"I am going.... I am going to have a talk with him" Vedangi wipes her tears, straightens her clothes and hurries to search for Shvet.
************************************
Rajkumari Drishti was returning to the guest chamber alloted to them. The voice inside made her steps halt and she leaned to the wall, trying to hear the conversation that was going on inside. "When are you going to tell your son about this maharani? It seems your son loves his wife too much, but you told that theirs is a loveless marriage? Say something" she heard her elder brother say. "Worry not rajkumar, my Shvet would always follow what I say, trust me. And talking about his first wife, they pretend to be loving each other for the sake of society. You tell, when are going to tell your Drishti that we had fixed the marriage?" Drishti stood dumbfounded, her wedding was fixed with Shvet and none of them was aware of it!

For a moment, she felt like walking inside and question all of them about their behaviour. But she didn't, she needed to inform Shvet about this first. She wiped her tears and hurried towards Shvet's chamber. She opened the door of Shvet's chamber at once and closed the door behind, but didn't latch it. She didn't notice that Shvet was devoid of this angavastra. "I want to tell you something very important Yuvraj" she said coming towards him. "Rajkumari could you please wait, let me drape an angavastra, it would be so wrong if someone sees us like this" he was about to move away from her, but she held his arm.

"Wait please! I want to tell you that-" before she could say something, the door bolted open. Vedangi stood at the door, her eyes wide in horror, her husband was standing a lady who was holding his arm, devoid of his angavastra. She lowered her eyes in disgust and turned to leave, but Shvet called her from behind. She turned her eyes held anger and immense pain, pain of betrayal. "Listen... It's not what you are thinking" he held her shoulders, but she shrugged. "It's okay. After all she is going to be your second wife" she said with a smirk as tears coursed down her eyes.

"Think before you speak Meenu! She was here to tell me something" Shvet exclaimed. "I was here to tell you the same thing. I heard my brother and your mother saying that-" she narrated the whole conversation to him. "You both don't need to worry, I am all ready to accept you as my co wife" Vedangi said plastering a bitter smile on her face. "For god's sake Meenakshi, don't make things more complicated. I... I know mata won't do something like this, though she was unhappy about our wedding but she has accepted you as her putravadhu. Drishti must be mistaken, right?" He said turning towards Drishti.

His eyes held hope. Hope that all this would just be a misunderstanding, he had never imagined his mother would behave like this! She knew his love for his wife and still she did all this. Did she deliberately sent him to Kulinda, to keep him away from Vedangi and in company of Drishti . His chain of thoughts was broke by Drishti, "I swear on my lord Yuvraj, I am telling you everything I heard" Drishti said.

"She is saying the truth, your wedding is being fixed with Drishti" all three of them turned towards the door. The king and Prince of Kulinda stood there along with Sudeshna.
************************************
Hey, my lovely readers the next part is here.
Why is all this happening in Aditya's naming ceremony!
Hope you liked reading this part, let me know through your comments, they are much important for me ✨.