chapter 58- ask away

i take a quick shower and sift through my closet looking for a nice outfit to wear. after what feels like forever, i finally come up with an outfit. a thin black long sleeve and sheer black tights under a dark green plaid dress with black boots.

(basically this without the hat lol)

    i'm doing well with time, so i'm able to really concentrate on my makeup

as i'm perfecting the wing of my eyeliner and music plays through my phone, i find my body relaxing a lot more. i'm sure niki will have the best advice for me, considering she always does, and i'll be at peace with myself soon.

despite my calm demeanor, the butterflies in my stomach feel like they're having a rager. what am i gonna do with the advice niki gives me? what if she helps me realize i like wilbur? what would i do then?

i sigh softly. i'll cross that bridge when i get to it.

after about half an hour, i head out the door and down the elevator. i decide that i'm going to walk to the cafe, since it's only about a ten minute walk. i need to clear my head, anyway, and i'm sure a stroll through the crisp london air will do just that.

once i see the vintage look of the cafe, i see a beautiful woman with a head of light pink hair waiting in front of it. her black dress compliments her fair skin perfectly, and her black converse add a casual appeal to her outfit. i smile as i call out her name.

"niki!" i shout excitedly, picking up the pace and putting a spring in my step. she looks up from her phone and makes eye contact with me, a big grin appearing on her face when her bright blue eyes catch mine. she starts walking towards me, and when we meet we crash into a tight hug.

"aubrey!" niki exclaims happily. "it's so great to meet you!"

"hi!" i say happily, taking in her sweet strawberry scent. her hugs are like wilbur's- tight but not too tight. tight enough to make you feel safe, but not enough to make you feel like you're suffocating.

it's perfect.

we break away from each other and i tuck a strand of hair behind my ear.

"did i keep you waiting long?" i ask as i check my phone. it's 6:29, a minute before we were supposed to meet.

"not at all! i had just gotten dropped off, don't worry," niki replies, rubbing my arm reassuringly. "let's go inside, i'm starving and the smell of this place is making me even hungrier." i giggle and we walk in, finding an empty table in the corner of the cafe. we immediately take a seat and a conversation sparks immediately.

"so... i saw on twitter earlier that you streamed! and you hit a pretty high peak view count!" niki says, smirking at me.

"i did?" i ask honestly. "i had my viewer count off so i couldn't see how many people were watching..."

"well, your peak was around 75,000."

i nearly choke on my own saliva.

"are you joking? my max before that was somewhere in the twenty thousands!"