Thirty-One: Roommates Who Date

COLLINS' TREMBLING TIPPED ME OFF that she was close to that edge, close to the exact place that I wanted her

COLLINS' TREMBLING TIPPED ME OFF that she was close to that edge, close to the exact place that I wanted her. It was time. It was fucking time. Literally.

Without even bothering with towels, we stumbled over each other on the way back to the bed, collapsing onto it and letting the sheets soak up the shower water. Immediately, I covered Collins' body with mine, kissing her hard and deep until I felt her open up beneath me.

"Condom," I rasped, breaking our kiss to rummage on the floor for the wallet in my pants pocket.

Collins waited, surprisingly patient, as I rolled the rubber over my length. Her eyes slid down my body, following drips of water with her gaze. I understood the fascination, though. Her skin was all dewy, and I wanted to lick her from head to toe. She was like a fucking goddess. It was unreal.

Straddling her on the bed, I trailed two fingers between her legs again, easily sliding them into her pussy. She arched off the bed, moaning my name as I worked her back up again.

"I only had one of these in my wallet," I said, gesturing to the condom wrapper on the bed. "So let's make this count and get those hips up, huh?"

By the time we left the party, we were too tipsy to dance, let alone drive. So after a shameless plea to the ever-responsible, ever-sober Grayson to keep Nessa out of our apartment tonight, I left my keys with him and called for a ride. And then tried not to get ahead of myself while waiting for it. 

But I'd been holding back for far too long to actually, like, do that.

Collins stood in front of me, leaning lazily against my chest. Tipping her head back, she pressed a kiss beneath my jaw, humming pleasantly. It might have been the first time that she had initiated a kiss, and even though it was the tiniest of kisses, my heart fucking soared. "Tonight was fun," she said.

"Glad we stayed?" I asked. Personally, I had mixed feelings about it. But then, she probably wasn't as fucking horny as me. We were a few feet from the curb, and even though anyone could see us if they walked or drove by, my fingers could not stay away from the hem of her dress. The alcohol had left a pleasant hum, a warm glow. And everything felt like a goddamn fantasy that was spiraling out of control.

"Yeah," she said, a glint in her eyes, "but I'm also glad we're leaving."

"Me too," I agreed without hesitation. "After all, you still didn't answer my question."

"What question?"

Drawing my hands up her sides, I settled them on her waist, pulling her tighter to my chest. "You said you think about me, think about that night. I want to know what happens when you do that."

"What happens?" Collins squeaked, turning around to look up at me. There was a tiny slope to the ground we were standing on, making her seem shorter, and she had to tip her head back to stare into my eyes.