Thirty-Eight

Sitting in a lobby of a Los Angeles CBS corporate office, Magenta looks at a clock on the wall tick second by second

Sitting in a lobby of a Los Angeles CBS corporate office, Magenta looks at a clock on the wall tick second by second. She came here for Super Bowl weekend with a group of family and friends for the merriment, but business also has to be handled.

Her phone buzzes with a text, so she looks at her screen. She furrows her eyebrows at a message from a number that's not saved nor does she recognize it. Opening it she immediately scoffs and rolls her eyes. It's Amil. She's giving a very general and vague apology. She doesn't admit she set Gen up or say sorry for leaving her that night. She doesn't apologize for taking Caprice's side. The part she played in destroying Pandora's shop or trying to jump her. She doesn't express regret for the tweets, Instagram live, or Youtube video telling lies. Just a weak ass 'I'm sorry.'

"This bitch," she doesn't respond to the text.

"They're ready for you," a secretary holds an office door open. Magenta and her lawyer both stand entering the room with CBS employees.

Ever since her name was outed they've been quietly handling negotiations for a settlement. Gen sits across from the White faces representing the company. They're not too happy she didn't accept a measly interview conducted by Gayle King to tell her side as compensation.

Mediation begins by an attorney representing CBS speaking first, "We recognize that the leak of your name on national tv was a breach of confidentiality. This was an indisputable violation of Ms. Thomas' expectation of privacy. This settlement amount is calculated based on what Thomas could potentially lose in earnings due to her name being exposed."