Chapter NINE - Reanimation Jutsu

Chapter 9

A red chakra cloak, like the one Naruto had when he fought Sasuke in the Valley of the End; formed around Hinata.

"Not too shabby, converting and dispersing it like that, Naruto." The nine tails barked.

Naruto made several clones and they leapt to different parts of the battlefield.

"You're late, Naruto." Shikamaru extended a hand, and a moment later he too, had a chakra cloak forming around him.

Running around the battlefield, the shinobi were lighting up one by one, like matches getting lit. An arm reached out to try and get him, but Hinata fired off a technique, which sent the arm flying and crashing into a stone wall.

"With just a basic Hyuuga technique, she was able to send it flying." Fugaku awed, he remembered sparring with a Hyuuga members, and getting tossed around by chakra-compressed air. He could only tell when they were going to fire one off based on the amount of chakra condensing in their palms he saw with his Sharingan.

"Looks like everyone just got a power-up." Jiraiya laughed.

"Those connections that you keep rambling on and on about, are what turned me into the man standing in front of you right now! Know this! What you speak of, can also become a powerful curse!"

Obito frowned.

"Was I always such a douchebag?"

"Naruto," Kakashi started, "I was the one who uttered those words to you, that phrase was also something of a warning to myself. As there were many comrades, that I failed to protect."

"That mantra is something I try to live by. But it doesn't change the harsh reality for all those I couldn't protect before you. Uttering those words means shouldering that burden for the rest of your life."

"Those that endure, that's why we're ninjas, right?" Naruto gripped his fist and put it to his heart. "I could give two shits even if it's a curse. I'm placing the real Neji, right here!"

"This is what it means to endure." Hiruzen said.

"Looks like you surpassed the both of us already." Minato smiled. "I'd never be able to do something like this."

"I'm proud of you, Naruto." Kushina ran a hand through his hair.

"The number of links and the sheer volume of chakra you can funnel out is amazing." Minato added.

The shinobis ran forward and jumped high into the sky, the nine tails cloak merging into one, and forming into a bird, cutting through the ten tail's long arms that were blocking them.

"A phoenix?" Tsunade said, "How fitting, if not a little ironic."

Lee kicked straight through Madara, severing his connection with the ten tails.

"He looks exactly like Guy..." Kakashi groaned, "Spandex and all."

"Hey! Guy sensei grows up to become the strongest taijustu user!" Naruto defended.