Chapter 8

Graduations and admissions

The Monday after we won in The Streets I saw Andie and ran up to hug her.

"Woah chill, you just saw me on Saturday," Andie says smiling at me.

"I know, I'm just happy you're back,"

We walk to our dance class in the dance studio and Chase sits beside us and kisses Andie on the cheek.

"Aww," I gush.

"Shut up."

Chase smiles at me "Hey Tessa,"

"Hey, Chase,"

We all talk for a while until the bell rings. Right after that happens Moose bursts through the door panting.

"I made it," he says with a little smile.

"You're late," I tease.

"I got lost, and I forgot I was starting to dance here," Moose admits as his cheeks flush slightly.

"It's okay Moosie,"

"Are you ever going to stop calling me that," Moose groans?

I fake thinking for a second.

"Mm, no."

I hear Chase and Andie laugh beside me. This is going to be the greatest year ever.

************************************************************

*One year later*

A whole year has passed and the MSA crew has made a huge name for ourselves. It sucks that after these next two months we have to leave it all behind.

Let me give you a quick recap. We competed at the Streets again this year and won. Sophie and Moose dated for about a week then broke up because Sophie got a movie deal in Paris. Chase and Andie broke up two weeks ago when Chase chose dance over her. Andie is still brokenhearted about it even though she told him to go and chase his dream. The Crew is still close and we are trying to spend as much time together as possible before we all go our separate ways to college.

I hear my doorbell go off and it snaps me out of my trance.

"Tessie," my mom yells. "Your little dancing boy is here,"

I roll my eyes at the nickname she gave to Moose.

"I coming," I yell.

Moose walks through the door.

"Good morning, Ms. Wren," he says with a charming smile.

"Good morning to you too Moose, and how many times do I have to tell you. Please call me Tara."

"Oh sorry, ms- I mean Tara,"

My mom smiles and him and mouths 'he's cute' to me.

Tell me something I don't know.

Moose walks over to me with an envelope in his hand.

A while ago Moose and I applied to the same college, NYU so that we could go to college together. I know it's a long shot but it's worth a try. Plus I have backup colleges just in case it doesn't work out.

"Do you have yours?"

I nod my head and motion for him to come upstairs to my bedroom.

"Keep the door at least 3 inches open!" My mom yells.

"I know," I yell back embarrassed.

I pull Moose into my room and gently close the door so my mom doesn't hear it. I grab my envelope from the nightstand and sit on my bed with Moose beside me.