Part 11 | Barnes

*unedited*

"So, when atoms-"

You were in the middle of teaching when your phone rang.

"Sorry everyone, must take this. Lokes can you take over?" You asked, looking at the God.

He nodded and stood up, moving to the whiteboard as you stepped out the door and answered the call.

"Urgent Hydra issue, they're after Bucky again" Tony said through the speaker, his voice tainted with worry. "They're attacking the tower."

"Fuck. On our way."

Cancelling the call, you shoved the door open and almost ran up to the desk.

"Apologies students, urgent mission, fatass I need you to call for a relief" you explained, grabbing your bag. "I'll see you all tomorrow."

Umbridge began to speak. "You can't-"

"Can and will" you replied just as Loki moved over to you.

With a wave of his hand you were in your suit, him in his armour.

Your suit:

Not mine, change if you want <3

Taking your hand, he teleported the two of you  to the fight.

You both arrived outside the front door to see civilians fleeing in terror as Hydra attacked the group of heros.

Loki sighed as your face gleamed in excitement.

"Morning fuckers!" You shouted to them, flipping your daggers. "A little early don't you think?"

"Do be careful darling" Loki commented, looking slightly amused as you ran forwards.

"Not in my nature Laufeyson!" You called back.

The God sighed and ran after you, pulling out two daggers of his own. The two of you fought back to back, fighting off man after man.

"They've got Bucky!" Steve shouted in panic.

"Where??"

"In that air ship!" He answered, pointing up to one that was taking off.

"Falcon, Tin Can and Thunder Man, you're with me. Everyone else look after these idiots" you directed, shifting forms and flying upwards towards the retreating vessel.

Sam, Tony and Thor flew after you, chasing down the ship. Landing on the roof, you caught a laser gun Tony threw at you and began cutting through the roof.

"Wilson, Odinson, disable this thing and get it out of the air. Stark you stay here and help me. Loki and Wanda, when the ship starts falling I need you to bring it safely to the ground" you instructed into your comm.

There were words of agreement as you finally got through the metal and fell through the ceiling, landing in the black widow pose.

"Morning!" You greeted pleasantly, conjuring your favourite sword and beginning your attack.

"Since when could magic thingy your sword?" Tony asked as he blasted men.

"Since yesterday, I finally finished the imprint on it."

Together, you both managed to fight your way to the door of the holding cell. You kicked the door open and set about freeing Bucky from the restraints.

"Coming down now" Thor announced and you heard a clunk as the engines dropped out.

"Magicians, have you got it?" Tony asked into the comm.

"Yes. And we're not magicians" Loki grumbled.

"They're wizards without hats!"

"Shut up Samual" you groaned, ripping off the last restraint and hauling an unconscious Bucky out of the chair.

Suddenly a group of Hydra agents burst in, all holding weapons,

"Fuck! Take Bucky and go!" You shouted as Tony blasted a hole in the wall of the ship. He held on tightly to the soldier and jumped out, flying down towards the ground.

You fought quickly and well, but knew you were going to be overpowered soon.

Using the sword as a baseball bat, you knocked agents out of the hole in the ship as you spoke into the comm.

"There are too many. Stark, blow it to bits on my command. Loki, Wanda, drop the ship."

"But-"

"Do it, I'll be fine."

There was muttered swearing on the other end of the line before you felt the ship stoop to the side, swerving.

The agents all slid as the floor swooped, scrabbling to grab onto something. Readying yourself, you ran full tilt and leapt out of the hole in the wall.

"NOW!" you shouted, falling through the air.

A moment later it burst into ball of flames, tearing the vessel apart. Streaks of green and red magic moved around the pieces, disappearing them before they fell all over New York.

You shifted into demon form, curling your wings around you protectively seconds before you collided with the ground.

"Y/n!"

Panicked voices reached your ears as you carefully stood up, shaking out your wings as the others met up with you.

"Are you okay?" Loki asked frantically, holding your cheeks and twisting your face this way and that to inspect it for injuries.

"A little sore, nothing major" you groaned, shifting back into human form. "Are you okay?"

"Fine" he answered, carefully healing a slash across your chest from one of the agents.

"How's Bucky?"

"Still unconscious, Bruce is checking on him now" Pietro answered, picking up Peter and speeding back to the tower with him.

Wanda finished cleaning up the mess, leaving everything just as it was before Hydra arrived. Vision flew over to her, checking for injuries.

"You know, sometimes I think you're really in charge of this team" Loki mused.

"Only on missions" you replied. "Thanks Lokes."

"Anytime darling."

————————————-

Super quick chapter before I go to work, hope you all had a good day today <33