Chapter 16: The Clueless Friend

''Seraphina, watch out!'' Someone yelled from behind her. 

Just as she turned on her heels, a blow landed on her causing her to lose her footing and fall to the ground. She clutched her side and grunted in pain from the impact.

''Get up! Get up!'' Another voice shouted from her left. ''Seraphina get your sorry behind up, now!''

The sun was setting and its bright orange rays were shining right into her eyes. Her attacker, who was still standing, came at her once again. Only this time they tried to stomp their foot down on her stomach, but she saw it coming and rolled out of the way just seconds before the impact.

''Yes!! Yes!!'' Another cheer came from her left.

''You think she will win this one?'' She heard a muscular voice from somewhere behind her.

''You can bet your abilities she will,'' another masculine voice, only deeper, replied.

Seraphina smirked at the conversation Caspian and Atlas were having behind her, before focusing her attention on her opponent. All she saw was a gust of wind and a flash of silver hair before she was punched in the gut again.

''Come on, at least give me something, you bloody misfit! A punch maybe! A kick will do too! Or are you too weak to do that?!''

Daphne Stokes appeared in her line of vision as she doubled over in pain. Her words struck a cord and fire raged inside of Seraphina.

''Sera, what are you doing?'' Hyacinth yelled. ''She will win!''

Hyacinth's word fueled her rage even more.

''Atlas is betting on her, isn't he?'' Thyra whispered to Caspian who was standing beside her and Hyacinth.

''Of course he is,'' the young mage snorted.

''Things don't look good.'' Hyacinth bit her fingers nails out of stress. ''If Daphne keeps on punching her like this, Sera will end up in the infirmary.''

Seraphina and Daphne circled each other, catching their breath and waiting for the other one to attack. Seraphina's different colored eyes flickered from left to right as she waited for the exact moment to attack.

A gust of wind blew causing hair from her already lose braid to blow around. She heard someone suck in a breath behind her, but ignored it. 

At first she thought the wind was one of Daphne's tricks, but even the other girl herself looked surprised by it.

Not wanting to waste any more time than she already had, Seraphina dug her feet in the ground, balled her hands into fists, and with a war cry she never knew she could emit, ran towards the silver haired girl.

Daphne had a similar idea in mind as she too ran towards her opponent. Both girls met halfway and managed to land a solid punch each before falling back.

Seraphina fell on her back, holding her bruised lip, cursing the other girl.

''Sera you need to finish this now!'' 

She heard Hyacinth's voice loud and clear behind her. That's when she realized how close to the circle border she had fallen. Gods, Daphne was strong.

''We should all be headed back to the castle. It is almost time for dinner now.'' Professor Ryker's voice boomed over the training grounds. ''Do you both wish to forfeit and call it a draw?''

''Hell, no!"' Seraphina yelled as she got up and dusted herself off. ''We end this, now!''

Daphne did not say a word, but at the speed she was coming towards Seraphina, gave the combat professor his answer.