Not hurt anymore

Owen's P.O.V.

"Are you really sure, honey?" Asked my dad, as Hailey entered the kitchen with her bag hanging on her shoulders. It was a signal that it was time to go.

"Yes," I said. I was still not sure. I was trembling. Will I be all right? Am I ready? I know they are not there, no one's gonna hurt me anymore. But I'm still scared. 'No. You have to do this. Don't be a pussy, Owen.' I scolded myself.

"I still do not know why he has to go there back. It's not like the world is going to end if he does not visit there. Lahpiaro is much more than just that stupid school. You can live your life easily without even going past there." My mom was angry.

"Mom. We talked about it last night. I need to do this. Think it's just like the time you guys made me open the closet door when I was nine because I thought a monster was there. You said I have faced my fears to be brave." I tried to persuade her. Yesterday, when I told Hailey that I wanted to walk her to the school, I spent the rest of the day persuading her, then I was at square one when my parents came, I spent hours explaining to all three of them why I need to do this. Though I did not say the real reason, that I need to find a wizard I help hide in the dark woods five ears back to find out why my wolf is not talking to me and why he is injured. As matter of fact, I have not told them that Vlad is not talking to me, they think that I'm still shifting like before like any other werewolf. Even after the long talk, we had last night my parents are still against the idea of me going near the school, especially my mom.

"Darling, let him do what he thinks is right. If he thinks he is ready we should not stop him." My dad said to my mom.

"But-" my mom was interrupted by my dad.

"And Hailey is also with him. Hailey takes care of your brother." My dad said. Is he serious right now? He is asking my younger sister who is a high schooler to look after me as an adult. He should be asking me to look after her, to keep her out of trouble. Wah, I'm speechless.

"Of course, dad. You can trust me." Hailey replied sincerely. They are not joking. You know what I'm not gonna say anything. What do these people think I am. Do I look like an infant who wets his pants, I'm a fucking grown man.

"Let's go, Owen. At this rate, I'm gonna be late." Said Hailey. She really is treating me like a child and she is not joking.

We stayed quiet for most of the walk, It was awkward. I think Hailey is still against the idea. But after a few minutes, we reach the high school. We are standing outside of the main gate. I can see everything that is past that gate. A ground filled with high schoolers, walking and running in all directions. And the noise of them all talking, past the ground stand the building of the Lahpiaro Highschool. It has not changed a bit, with exterior walls made with stones, giving it a medieval look. The three-story building expands both sides as far as you can see. The entire thing looks more like a castle than a school.

I was looking at the building and I was lost in my memories. All the memories came flooding back, everything was vivid like it happened yesterday. I was scared, it felt like all those things were happening to me right now. I was trembling.

"Hey! Hey!" Hailey said grabbing my hand. "Are you all right?" She was worried.

I did not respond immediately; I was still gathering my thoughts. But then I got hold of myself and I realized, it does not hurt anymore. Even though I remember everything, I don't remember the pain. I do not test blood in my mouth, It is dry and I'm breathing heavily but still, I don't think there's blood. It was not hurting at all, back then I remember I was hurting so much I thought I was being torn apart. My vision is blurry because of the tears but I don't think the darkness is taking over. I place m hand over my chest where my three rib cages were broken but I do not feel the pain anymore, But I do feel my heart beating. My body does not ache as it used to when I would twist and turn on the hospital bed. My legs are not giving up and I don't feel a cast on my leg. And I feel no bandages all over my body. I do remember the things they did to me, I remember them very clearly, but my body does not remember the pain it felt. I'm not physically hurting anymore. I'm not injured, they healed all the bruises that I had on my body them all healed. A smile formed on my face unintentionally.

"I'm great," I said to Haile while I felt my lips curve up in a smile and tears falling from my eyes. I wiped m eyes and said, "Let's go."

I grabbed Hailey's hand, I don't know whether I did that because it was the first time, I was dropping my sister to high school or because my heart felt a little less heavy. But I know one thing for sure I'm not sad and I'm not afraid. I felt free. I'm free, I'm finally free.

I drag Hailey all the way to the main building of the school, I saw most of the people looking at us. Some girls were taking pictures and boys were watching us in awe. I think they might make some memes on Hailey about the situation. She will kill me if that happens. But she is not complaining. She is standing right next to me and we both are looking at the entrance but none of us is speaking.

"Go on. You don't want to be late now, do you?" I said to her. But she just looked at me, she was still not sure if she should leave me alone. "I'm fine. Look t me, I'm fine. Don't worry." I said as I started pushing her from the back. "Go on now," I said as we reached the staircase leading to the entrance.

"Are you one hundred percent sure?" She asked.

"Yes. Now go. Don't be so clingy, you are embarrassing me." I said trying to lighten the mood.

"Okay. If you say so. Be careful. Bye." She said waving at me.

"Bye." I waved back and then she slowly went in.

'Now I just need to go to the back and then in the woods I go.' I said to myself as I made my way to the backside of the school, pushing through the enormous crowd of teens going in the opposite direction. Why is everyone looking at me, is it so odd for an adult to come to school now? The ground at the back was empty as the school just started and I'm pretty sure everyone must be rushing to their class. I see woods on the other side of the ground, I start to walk in the direction of the woods and when I'm far enough inside the woods I started to run in the direction of the dark woods. After a few seconds, I was at the boundary of the dark woods, and as the name suggests this area of the forest is so dense that no light is reaching the ground. It is so dark you can make out the boundary so easily as it just stands out from the rest of the woods. I'm so glad wolves are nocturnal animals so I can see clearly in the dark. I was about to take the first step in the Dark woods when I heard branches break on my left side.

"Who's there?" I asked  as I took a stance to attack, it would  help if my claws would come  out but I cannot transform, so I take a piece of  branch lying around. "WHO IS THERE?" I shouted as loud as I could.

Author's note:

I'm not crying...I'm not crying.... My baby has grown so much. He just faced his biggest fear. And after all this year he realized that he is not the lying on the hospital bed anymore. I'm so  happy for him. At least hi  body is not hurting anymore. I'm not crying. sob. sob.

So, what do you think about this chapter? And when is Jess gonna show himself. I swear to God I'm gonna kill him myself if he does not appear now.

 Let me know in the comments and who do you think is the reason behind that sound.

Vote share and comment.

Love you all.