Chapter 4

"I believe the process of going from confusion to understanding is a precious, even emotional, experience that can be the foundation of self-confidence." Brian Greene

(unedited)

Tiana's P.O.V

~4:00 A.M.~

Well fuck. I'm screwed.

I stealthily escape from the grasp of Agur and go downstairs to find everybody else only to discover they left. Though it takes a lot of skill to do so since I'm walking funny after last nights events.

I am alone in the middle of nowhere; left to die of starvation. Okay, so maybe I have a general idea of where I am and there is a chip platter in the living room, but I was abandoned by my ride.

There are bodies scattered across the house; all of them passed out from events the previous night contained. Red solo cups litter the floors with remains of alcohol and mysterious substances that is unbenounced to the owner of the drink.

I don't want to disturb anybodies nap, so I left the house as quickly and as quietly as possible then made my way back home. I took a step into the house, even though it is already time for school.

Before I could turn around to slip onto my motor-baby, I'm halted by three angry brothers.

"Where-"

"-were-"

"-you?" they finish for each other. They do this sometimes when they all feel an emotion very strongly, but it doesn't happen with me. Another reason to believe I am adopted.

"We looked for you for an hour," Lexus stated with the others nodding in agreement behind him.

"We were worried about you," Asher whispered, now over being mad and is squeezing my guts out in one of his famous hugs.

"Don't do that again...please." Everyone was shocked. Zakia never speaks, so he must really have been worried about me. Who was I to worry them further with the fact that I lost my virginity the previous night and didn't remember a second of it?

"I'm fine guys. I just passed out in a room alone after I drank too much. I woke up and came straight home. No harm done." I know my smile tricked them into believing my lie, since I've mastered it over the years. No one expects a thing...well except for my mother.

"Tiana? Is that you?" my father calls out. I give my brother a pleading look and they immediately understand.

"No! She just left," they all shouted in unison. This is my cue to run. Which I did, very quickly might I add. Thank god my brothers backs are turned to me or else they would have seem the penguin waddle I sported. This is not going to be my day.

~~~

"What's up with her?"

"Someone got laid last night."

"She's such a slut."

"She's probably fucked everything on two legs." I may not have advanced hearing, but the comments people are making is meant for me to hear. Everyone at this school hates me and are as cruel as they can possibly be. All thanks to Ryder.

Beating me to a pulp and ruining my self-esteem isn't enough for him. Ryder has to go and make sure everyone else hates me as well. Though they only do it when I'm unguarded by my friends, which is unfortunately often. If I ask my friends for help or to walk with me more often, they might become suspicious and I don't need them getting into any of this. This is my problem and I will deal with it on my own, which is by letting them ridicule me whenever they want and doing nothing.