25 - ARC 3.5

Third P.O.V

It has been 40 years since (Y/N) started living in the palace, and life has been good.

(Y/N) was now 10(0) years old.

(Y/N) also managed to make Nathaniel to become their friend. At first Nathaniel refused to call (Y/N) by their name, but after some time Nathaniel would call (Y/N) by their name in private.

One thing (Y/N) noticed was how alike Nathaniel was to Nick. Both of their names even started with 'N', they were both hot(LOL), and their personalities really lined up.

The only thing that bugged (Y/N) was Jack. Who pestered (Y/N) like a fly.

"My queen!~"

Jack came up to (Y/N) who was randomly walking around the castle. (Y/N) glared at Jack.

"How many times do I have to tell you to stop calling me 'queen'?"

(Y/N) said with an irritated look on their face.

"Even male queens of the past didn't mind the title, so why should you?"

Jack shot back.

"I'm not them, so why shouldn't I mind?"

(Y/N) found themselves often squabbling with Jack.

Like a real married couple.

(Y/N) shivered at the thought. They had just reviewed the plot, specifically where original (Y/N) died, and current (Y/N) is traumatized.

Before original (Y/N) was killed, Jack tortured them first. Since (Y/N)'s powers meant they healed very quickly, Jack took advantage of that.

He'd stab them, leaving them screaming. Then, when the wound healed, he'd stab them again.

Jack did this for hours to (Y/N), even after they started begging for death.

It was so gory than even current (Y/N), who has been to many worlds, felt sick to their stomach.

"Are you excited for the hunting competition?"

Jack changed the topic.

"No."

(Y/N) probably would have been, but as the future queen, it would be 'inappropriate' to participate in the competition.

They just don't want me to show them up.

(Y/N) thought bitterly.

"Don't worry my queen, I will find you the largest prey I can find."

(Y/N) let the 'queen' thing slide.

"I look forward to it."

Author's Note: I am very tired. Is anyone else?