Chapter 1: First Day Back

My alarm woke me up at 6:30 and I layed there for 10 minutes dreading getting up. It was the first day back from Christmas Break and I was not ready for my hectic schedule to start again. Since I took my shower last night I got up, used the bathroom, brushed my teeth, did my hair, and put on my uniform. Yes, uniform. Any color button up with black, navy blue, or khaki pants, and dress shoes. OH! And we can't forget about the tie.

Luckily enough for me I have style so I don't look completely like I just became a Senior. I'm so happy it's my last year. I can't wait to leave and go to college. The only good thing about school is my friends: Lauren and Nadia; my basketball team, the Lady Devils, and lastly my Art teacher. Ms. Hansen. Dinah Jane Hansen. She is Perfect.

She is what makes me want to go to school. So, with that in mind I ran downstairs, got an Apple, and got into the car with my dad.

Once I got to school I had to go to my locker and put my jacket and unnecessary books in there before heading to class. On my way I bumped into Nadia.

"OMG! Y/N, I missed you so much." She yelled as she jumped on me.

Laughing I say, " I missed you too Nadi."

Upon releasing me she brought up Ms. Hansen.

"So, are you over this little crush on Hansen or what?"

I took a deep breath and pouted as I replied.

"No," I whined, "She's just so perfect and... UGHH!"

She laughed as she rubbed my back.

"But you know the worst part though?"

I asked. She shook her head.

"She's been emailing me all break. She wouldn't give me her number on the last day so we've been emailing all day, everyday, nonstop. Nadia, it just made me like her even more if that's possible."

She just stood there smiling like she knew something I didn't. But my mind was solely on Dinah so I continued.

"And the worst part is that we talked about nothing. Like, the deepest the conversation got was why we did what we did over break, that's it..."

She finally cut me off from my rant.

"Damn, does she know you like her or at least might be crushing on her?"

"I don't know. She's just so guarded I don't think she would know if I threw it in her face."

"Well, maybe you should do just that."

Before I could ask what that even meant, the bell rung and we had to get to go. Now it was off to my first class. Art.

-------------------

Arriving at art I was the first person there. Since it was the first day back people were still with their friends. She didn't notice that I had walked in so I cleared my throat. She jumped which made me giggle.

"That's not funny. You know I scare easily."

I just shrugged and walked over to her desk, where she was at.

"Can, I get a hug?"

I asked shyly.

"Of course." She said.

She walked around her desk and put her arms around my waist as mine went around her neck. We sat there for a second enjoying each other's presence. As I put my head in her neck and inhaled her heavenly scent, the door opened and we had to pull away. I grabbed my portfolio and went to my desk. When I sat down I looked her way to see she was already looking at me. She immediately turned her head and blushed which made me smile.