The War: Part 2

Maleficent's POV

I tell my daughter to stay with the other fey and I notice that she opened her mouth to argue with me but I beat her to the chase "please, Aurora stay. Do it fore me, I need to know  that you're going to be safe. Promise me." I say fiercely

She nods and promises me that she will do as I say. I hug her tightly and wrap my large wings around her and for a minute the two of us stay in the embrace with my wings wrapped around us tightly. "I love you, Beastie." I whisper to her softly and then I let go and turn to walk away. Right as I approached the cliff and get ready to jump, she came up from behind me and tells me "I love you to godmother." I throw her a small smile and then I jump. I find my way back to the moors quickly and as I land I notice that the flowers that have grown there for years, have been picked out. I hide myself in the shadows of the trees and my wings and I stand quietly and motionless. The guards that were picking the the flowers suddenly stopped and stood straight up, alert. Staying in the shadows quietly, I started using magic on them, and understanding that I was there unseen, most ran away scared for their lives. Only a few of them stayed behind and a few minutes later, a shot rang out and I could see an iron bullet heading straight for my heart. But before it could reach its destination, another fey emerged and landed right in front of me and the bullet hit them instead. I fell to my knees next to the fey and created a barrier around the two of us. I noticed that the fey who jumped in front of an iron bullet for me was Conall. I saw two figures land outside of the barrier that I had created and I noticed that one of them was Borra but the other figure ended up being Aurora. 

Having the sense that it was safe to do so, I let down the barrier and when I do I immediately lock eyes with Aurora and speak "I asked you to stay there with the other fey." my voice low and tinged with anger.  My daughter doesn't say anything but doesn't need to as I am able to easily read her eyes. I give a small sigh and leave the topic alone. It's only an hour later, right before I have to leave and return to Borra, that I get the chance to talk more to Aurora. This time though Diaval has joined in the conversation.

"Please Aurora, stay here with Diaval. It's the only way I can protect you both from this war that is brewing." I step closer to her, softening my voice

I wrap both arms and wings around her and I can her whisper against my chest "Can you promise me that you won't join in?" she steps out of embrace and in an equally low whisper I reply "I can't Beastie, I'm sorry." I turn towards Diaval.

I don't say anything and neither does he but he closes the distance between us and bringing a hand to my cheek he leans in for a kiss that lasts for a few minutes that it is filled with nothing but love. "I love you Diaval." I whisper before turning away "I love you to Maleficent." 

With one last sigh I jump into the sky and disappear from their view. Once I am high in the sky and above the clouds I drift, I let the tears that I've been holding in fall and roll down my cheeks. I choke out an apology to no one in particular. The apology was also to Diaval, for him never knowing my greatest secret, and also to Aurora knowing what I was about to do would destroy her. Before I start flying again, I drop a hand to my stomach as one last reminder that I was a few weeks pregnant and that I never told Diaval that I became pregnant with his child, who would be half-fey. I knew that this half-fey inside me would be what would keep me alive in this war.  I give one last sigh, then I'm off. 

Hours later, the fey population are streaming towards Alston for the War. I fly high above and keep my eyes open for Ingrith, but also helping where and when I can. Suddenly while looking for Ingrith I spot Aurora running across the battlefield. I fly overhead and land on the tallest tower, where I had just spotted Ingrith a few seconds ago. I land in front of her and turn around my wings unfolding as I turn and face her. The two of us have a staring contest that is disturbed by Aurora arriving. I turn back around and face my daughter. Behind me Ingrith speaks "your kind is so predictable." she scoffs

Even though Aurora is standing between my and Ingrith, I sense her movements but I focus on Aurora who is speaking "I know you." I growl "you do not know me." she nods her head vigorously "yes I do. You're my mother." she has a note of desperation. She looks into my eyes without backing down and I stare back. Suddenly I sense Ingrith aiming an arrow at the back of Aurora and without thinking, I grab Aurora and switch places with her and just as I do, the arrow that was aimed for my Beastie, hit me instead. 

Aurora's POV

One minute I was holding my godmother in my arms telling her that she was my mother and the next moment she was a pile of feathers. In front of me Ingrith was looking at me with hatred "Well maybe not." she said after a moment of silence. I didn't pay attention to what she was talking about nor did I care what she was talking about. I fell to my knees and let out a strangled cry. My tears fell down my cheek and onto the ground touching the feathers of Maleficent. Suddenly though the feathers started to move and form a shape. After a few minutes, a phoenix had risen and I knew as soon as I looked into its eyes, it was Maleficent. The phoenix rose high above the ground and had a face off with Ingrith, but Ingrith had other plans. Suddenly I was yanked and thrown off the roof. I let out a scream as I was tossed and was falling backwards. My eyes pointed to the sky, I saw my mother launch herself at me and moments before I hit the ground, I felt her large wings cover me and protect me from the impact of the ground, as the two of us tumbled to the ground. I fell out of the comfort and protection of Maleficent and landed a few yards away from her. I scrambled to my feet with Phillip and Diaval by my side. In front of me the phoenix transformed into my godmother. She stood there with her head cocked and a smile on her face. "Hello Beastie." she opened one of her arms and I ran into her embrace. Soon Diaval joined our family hug and I noticed that a few tears had escaped. She let go of me but still kept a arm around my shoulders and faced Phillip. 

"Phillip. Do you love my daughter?" Maleficent asked

"Yes.With all my heart." Phillip answered with total confidence

Maleficent looked at Phillip for a moment and I looked at Diaval a tad bit nervous. Maleficent nodded and then spoke out "Good."

With a smile, I ran out of my mom's arms and into Phillip's embrace. With Phillip's arms around my waist I projected my voice and called out "There will be no more war, and Ulstead will never attack the moors again. Today there will be a wedding between a union of two people. All are welcome."

Hey readers! I'm excited to start writing this story again. I'm sorry that I had to stop it for such a long time but I had writer's block that lasted for a few months. Updates will be slow and I'm sorry about that ahead of time. I hope you like this part and please remember to comment, like and vote. -Rose :)