t h i r t y t h r e e

18+

June 1st 2017
Tonys Private House

Summer had finally arrived. And Ember and Steve had been together for almost two months. Their time spent together so far, had pretty much been picture perfect. But that's what the first three months of every relationship was like, right?

"No, Tony. If I have a plus two, and Pepper has a plus two, she can put the plus two down on top of mine and you take four if you don't have a plus card."

"No!" Tony interjected, "The rules say—"

"Who cares what the rules say, pick up the damn cards Tony, you sore loser." Pepper playfully swatted him on the arm, and Tony scowled at her, hesitantly picking up four cards from the pack.

"I hate this game." Tony mumbled.

"It's better than monopoly." Ember replied.

"No, no. Monopoly is great, I'm a billionaire, money games were literally made for me to play."

Pepper slid the uno cards to the side.

"I think that concludes game night." She said, her motherly tendencies kicking in before it became heated.

"But I was so ready to crush Em at scrabble."

"Last time you played scrabble you pulled out every dictionary in the house, and asked every AI you've ever made because you couldn't agree on if 'yuga' was a word."

"It is!" Ember said, "It's a word!"

Tony groaned, "Not again."

Peppers eyes flickered to the clock, "I think I'm gonna head to bed, you guys. Flying to Milan at 7am tomorrow."

Tony stood up and pressed a kiss to Peppers lips, "I'll come with you."

"You're not gonna stay up with Ember?"

"Oh..." Ember stuttered, "I can just head back to the compound it's fine."

Pepper shook her head, "Don't be silly! You're always welcome in our spare room."

"No, it's fine, honestly. I always go back to my apartment, I'll just walk back over."

It really was just a five minute walk over the grounds of the Compound.

"It's almost midnight, just stay here, Em." Tony said, "I'll walk you back over to the Compound in the morning."

"Still don't trust me to walk alone?" Ember teased, a grin on her face.

"What? Uh... No— It's not that—"

Ember bit her lip and chuckled. "I'm just teasing you."

"He just wants to spend some time with you." Pepper said, finding the relationship the two had adorable.

Ember smiled. At this point she really did see them as parental figures. She had no idea where she'd be without them.

Probably in jail, she wouldn't be surprised if that's what happened. If Tony wasn't as cool as he was, and she wasn't with Steve, she probably would've made a run for it by now.

"I'm working on the uh— You being stuck here thing, by the way." Tony said sheepishly. "I've been delaying doing it, I'm sorry, I know it's not fair."

"What? Are you serious?"

"Yeah, I just gotta run some stuff by the officials and you'll be a free man... Woman... A free woman."

Ember grinned. After half a year of being stuck here it would be nice to see a bit of the world again.

"He's delaying it because he's scared you'll never talk to him again." Pepper loved calling him out tonight, Ember was finding it hilarious.