Chapter Twenty-Three.

I tighten my ponytail as I climb down the stairs. It's a Saturday morning and of course, I'm going to prepare breakfast. Aiden's out for his jog and we're expecting some guests tonight, I didn't ask him who's coming yet because he told me just before going out. 

I enter the kitchen and walk towards the refrigerator to see if there's anything I can work on. Sure enough, there are eggs of course. I take out the eggs and some vegetables and set them all on the countertop. 

Tessa will maybe come in the evening to help me out with the dinner, I should prepare it because I'm excited to have guests over for the first time. I want to impress them with my cooking skills.

I start preparing the breakfast while trying to come up with a good menu for the dinner. In all that I don't hear him entering the kitchen behind me, I pour the egg batter that I prepared, in the pan and pick up a spatula. Just as I'm going to flip the omelet over to the other side, I feel a hand over mine, my lips curl up into a small smile, knowing who it is, I turn and face him not caring about my precious omelet.

"You're back?" I ask him, he gives me a little nod before taking the spatula from my hand.

"I'll finish preparing the breakfast." He tells me. I raise my eyebrows.

"You know how to cook?" I ask him, he looks at me.

"Of course." With that, he gestures at the chairs behind him and I oblige him because I know it won't be any use to argue with him. I sit down on top of the island instead of sitting on a chair and unconsciously start checking his sexy back out. He looks very handsome while cooking, I'm so whipped for him.

"By the way, who's coming to dinner?" I ask him. He picks up a couple of eggs as he starts preparing another egg batter.

"Ethan. With his girlfriend and secretary, and of course, Will is coming too."

I resist the urge to scream at the top of my lungs due to frustration and nod a little, even though he isn't looking at me.

"His girlfriend and his secretary? That's weird." 

He turns a little and glances at me.

"What's so weird about it?" He asks.

"Weirdly, you're inviting them all to dinner at our house, you never do that with the others." 

He turns his attention back to the eggs and shrugs.

"Well, the project's important to me and I like the way he works. Maybe we'll continue working together if this project's a success." 

I roll my eyes and pray that I'd never have to see Ethan's face again after this project.

He dishes out the breakfast that he's prepared for us and turns towards me. I smile at him because I know he's expecting me to get down from the island and help him take the plates to the dining room. 

He raises his eyebrows and I shrug.

"What?" He asks.

"Let's eat here," I suggest. He tilts his head and stares at me for a moment, I know that I look hideous because I didn't even bother to brush my hair before putting them up into a ponytail but still I love the way he's looking at me.

He walks towards me and my heartbeat speeds up. I try to keep my eyes on him but it's getting difficult as he comes closer to me. 

I let out a shaky breath as he traps me between his strong arms. I feel tiny, sitting there with his hands resting on the island on either side of me.

"It's been a while, right?" He asks. I raise my eyebrows.

"Huh?" I ask because I don't understand what he means by that.

Instead of answering me, he presses his lips on mine and kisses me, just a sweet kiss. It lasts only a couple of seconds, then he pulls away.

"I'm free today." He tells me. I'm sure my face is all red now, but not caring about that I smile.

"Really?" I ask him, he nods and gives me a small smile. I place my hands on his shoulders.

"Does that mean we get to spend time together until dinner?" I ask him again.

"What do you want to do?" He asks me. I look away from him for a moment. I wanted to spend the entire day with him and maybe then he'd have taken me out for our first date but that can't happen today.

"Whatever you want to do," I tell him, he smiles again at this.

"I don't think you'd want to know right now what I want to do," He says, I open my mouth to say something, "With you." He completes his sentence.

Our eyes meet and I know what he's talking about.

Oh, god. I know.

"Why wouldn't I want to know?" I ask him.

His hand travels to my face and he caresses my cheek.

"Do you really want to know?" He asks. I nod.

Yes, yes. I do. Breakfast can wait. Everything can wait, but this cannot.

He cups my face in his hands and pulls me towards him, our lips meet once again. I wrap my arms around his neck and he bites my lower lip to ask for entrance. Our tongues start to battle for dominance even though I know eventually I'm going to surrender. Which is exactly what I do. He seems to like that because he deepens the kiss, pulling me closer to him until there's no space left between us.

He pulls away momentarily and looks at me. I know what he wants and he's asking me for permission. I love this about him, I freaking love this about him that he's been respectful towards me after that first time he kissed me.

I nod a little, telling him it's okay. I want it too. He smiles a little and starts to pick me up when we're disturbed by a screeching sound, he stops and looks at me. I raise my eyebrows not realizing that the sound is coming from my phone.

"Aren't you going to pick it up?" He asks. I look to my left to find my mobile phone sitting there, and Brooke's name shining on it. I roll my eyes and decline the call.

"Sorry," I tell him.

"I hate your ringtone." He tells me and picks up my phone. 

"I'm changing it to a calmer one, okay?" He asks, I nod. I've been wanting to change my ringtone but I never got the time to do it, I hate it too at the moment.

"Password?" He asks.

"There's none," I tell him, he switches on my phone and goes to the settings. We agree on a calmer ringtone and just as he's handing me my phone back a message appears on it. His eyes go to the screen and then back at me.

I look down at my phone, expecting Brooke's name on it, but my heart nearly stops upon seeing his name there. And the message,

Can't wait to see you tonight

Oh shit.