✥ 𝐍𝐞𝐯𝐚𝐞𝐡 ✥

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑 

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑 

𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 

✥  𝐍𝐞𝐯𝐚𝐞𝐡 ✥

The night turns to day and it is not that long until the young maiden has gotten herself towards the castle for her duties. Her routine is always the same, each and every morning which does make her less tardy and more prepared for the day ahead of her.

"Have you heard of the newest law they are considering?" Taman asks her as he eyes her while she holds two bucked filled to the brim with soapy water. Nevaeh turns to face the friendly guard with a small smile upon her face. She gently shakes her head. Though, while she stands there alongside him, she does not set the buckets down to the ground as most would do. Rather she still holds them as if they were light as a feather. For her, it is no problem. "No, and neither am I interested. It has nothing to do with me anyway for I am invisible" She speaks in a monotone voice which makes him raise his eyebrow at her.

Taman befriended her only a couple of months ago after he saw that she was struggling with her duties (she will argue she was not struggling, rather dealing with it), and decided to help her. Upon arriving he immediately got hateful responses as she did not need help from anyone. This small woman who spoke in such a manner did interest the young guard who did not waste any time helping her since she denied it. However, the two became friends soon after and have remained so since then. Neither of them is able to meet once they are off the clock for the other is always busy but when working, they do occasionally meet and chat for a moment when none is watching.

"You're not invisible" He murmurs to himself, almost too low for her to hear but she did hear it and rolls her eyes.

"What new law are they creating?" She then asks him after a couple of seconds when he has not yet told her. The two of them are alone in the hallway but every so often someone would walk by. They ignore them as the one walking past them ignores them completely. In the castle, there are few friendly people. At least that is what Nevaeh has learned. It could also be because she does imitate a lot of people and they would rather not be around her.

"After tomorrow, no one will be able to carry the ancient weapons. The daggers, you know like you have. It is said that whoever carries it will be brought straight to the King" He tells her. It is not the new law that shocks her, but rather the fact that only hours after she had been seen owning one the law is being set.

Remaining calm she sharply nods. "Will you bring me to the King for owing one?" She asks him. While they are friends, Taman's duties as a Knight and a guard must always go higher than their friendship. With a soft smile, he shakes his head. "You think so little of me?" He playfully asks her.

The question was not meant to be answered but they both think of the answer. In this kingdom, those that have little to nothing will have to fight to get by to survive and keep their families alive. It is known that backstabbing breaks apart friendship and the entire families even for everyone will think of their own survival first.