14

"Where are you going?" Daniella looked concerned as she watched Daniel Ricciardo walking out of the paddock with Michael Italian, his friend and performance coach, just as she was about to scan her pass and step inside the paddock. She noticed that the McLaren driver was looking a little pale and tired. 

"I am heading back to the hotel," Daniel replied, his voice matching the way he looks at the moment. "I think I have food poisoning or something."

"But the photoshoot…" Daniella pointed out. All the drivers are scheduled to have their grid photos taken in an hour or so, and with one of them missing would make the photos look incomplete. 

"I really can't give a shit about the photos right now," Daniel put his hand on his upset stomach. "I really shouldn't have trusted Lando when he dragged me to that new restaurant."

Michael laughed and patted Daniel's back. "I warned you mate."

Daniel slightly pouted. 

"Well, I hope you feel better," Daniella gave him a sympathetic smile. 

"I really don't want to spend the day sitting on the toilet," Daniel said in a defeated tone. 

Before Daniella could say anything Daniel clenched his stomach. 

"Are you okay?" Both Daniella and Michael asked, feeling concerned. 

"Yeah," Daniel reluctantly nodded. "But I really need to head back to my hotel."

"Come on," Michael said to Daniel as he waved at Daniella. 

"Take care of him," Daniella said to Michael. 

"Like I have any other choice," Michael sarcastically said, earning a glare from Daniel. "You should have listened to me."

***

"Hey Charlie," Daniella joined the Ferrari driver who was already suited up in red. 

"Don't call me Charlie," Charles groned. "I am not a little kid."

Daniella laughed as she leaned on the wall next to him. 

"I heard about your sister," Daniella brought up the latest news. "You must be very proud. I am surprised she didn't get a seat right away after winning the F2 championship last year."

"Yeah," Charles nodded. "But I am also dreading having her on the grid. She will annoy me to death Dani," He sounded a little scared which amused the Mercedes driver. 

"But Mick will have a pretty and a smart driver as a teammate," Daniella pointed out. "God knows he deserves one after having to put up with " you know who" for an entire year."

Charles shot her a glare which only caused Daniella to grin. 

"What are you two talking about?" Max joined the duo. 

"My sister," Charles replied. 

"Ah!" Max nodded. "Haas got an upgrade."

"Oh umm Max," Daniella looked at her former teammate. "Daniel was looking for you earlier," She lied. 

"What for?" He looked confused. 

"I don't know, he didn't say," Daniella perfectly lied. "He just said it's kind of important and you will know once I tell you that."

"Okay…" He was still confused, trying to think about all the recent conversations he had with Daniel. "Where is he now?"

"Umm.. I think I saw him behind one of the Aston Martin motorhomes," Daniella replied.