Extra

"This sucks bal-,"

"Do not even finish that sentence."

Colby looked up from his notebook and raised an eyebrow. He then tossed the notebook, causing it to land on the table between us. Fighting the urge to roll my eyes, I peeked at it, setting the book that I was reading on my lap.

"Please try and solve that problem and tell me that it doesn't suck bal-loons." He cleared his throat. I almost laughed. I snorted instead.

I picked the notebook up and looked at the problem, trying to somehow understand it, even just a little bit, but it was hard. I wrinkled my nose. Colby was right, this problem did suck.

"I'm not the one taking up chemistry," I announced, pushing the notebook back toward my boyfriend.

Colby shook his head as he reached for the notebook and muttered, "Excuses." He had a slight smirk on his face, though. I wanted to chuck him with my book (which was hardbound and heavy) but I couldn't help the little twitch of my lips at the sight of his infamous smirk.

He had changed, but he was still the same. He was still the same lovely person in whom I found my best friend and the love of my life, only now he was more independent, and freer. Travel did that to him, as well as his finding peace in his relationship with his father. Also, he randomly spat out Tagalog words and phrases to me whenever the situation was appropriate.

It was pretty endearing.

I watched as his forehead creased as he once again tried to comprehend the problem before him. He was so handsome, even when he was confused. It caused his eyes to crinkle slightly and made his nose twitch adorably. Suddenly I just wanted to cradle his face in my hands and kiss him-a full-blown make-out session in the making-but the library was hardly the place for that.

"I can't concentrate with you staring at me like that," he muttered under his breath, but it was still loud enough for me to hear. A blush colored my cheeks and when he said that he didn't mind and he liked me staring at him, I felt my cheeks turn redder.

Even after almost three years of being in a relationship, I still blushed whenever he teased me.

He had always told me it was pretty endearing.

Colby looked up from his notebook, the confusion now completely gone from his face. It was replaced by a wolfish grin, and my stomach clenched, sort of like what you feel when you were about to plunge down while riding a roller coaster.

He moved, his upper body leaning against the table, and whispered, "Let's go to the history section. Lots of empty halls in between book shelves. It's great for a make-out session."

My eyes widened slightly, and though my heart was thumping inside my chest because of his suggestion, I leaned over as well. His smile grew wider, but then I lifted a hand and flicked his forehead.

"Ow!" He whisper-yelled and reared back (quite dramatic, I should add), rubbing the spot where my finger connected, and shot me a glare. I raised an eyebrow at him, fighting back a laugh.

"Concentrate on your homework," I hissed playfully.

"But I wanna make-out with you," Colby all but whined. "Now that the image is in my brain, how do you expect me to solve this? I couldn't even solve this problem when all I was thinking about is. This. Problem!"

I shrugged, though the image of making out with my boyfriend was creeping up in my brain, too. "Your problem, not mine."

"So mean," he muttered. Colby leaned back against his chair and closed his notebook. "Enough of third year organic chemistry. I'd rather focus on our chemistry."