end of the night(ch.47)

a/n god im so sorry for not posting been very busy (: forgive me i beg

Still March 10th-Remus' birthday.

Shit.

As you and Remus stumbled to a holt, you then saw the crowd of people gathered in front of you. Their great smiles falling as they saw the state you and the boy were in-which was very drunk.

James,Lily, Peter and Sirius all stood there with party hats on their heads holding gift bags. There were enchanted lights on the trees that buzzed like fireflies. Behind them you could faintly see a long table with chairs, completely filled with food.

"Look who finally decided to show up" James laughed ushering the both of you to go sit down.

Remus was still stunned, stood there with his hands on his hips and a finger pointed in the air as he looked for the words. "I-i thought..But you forgot it was my birthday? " he stammered drunkenly.

"Moony, we would never forget about you" James said firmly

"Yeah of course we wouldn't " Sirius confirmed

"I'm still confused-" the boy started but you grabbed his hand and pulled him to the table where the others were now sitting down at.

"Right Remus, let me catch you up" Lily smiled. You were sat on one end of the table, Remus on your left and Lily on his left. Peter sat across from Lily next to James and obviously across from you was the one and only, Sirius Black.

Whilst Lily was explaining to dear Remus that the marauders had planned on a small surprise party for the him, having to reassure him that no one really forgot because he was very drunk and still didn't believe her, you were desperately trying to not mull over.

You really had too much to drink. Looking down at the food on the table, it all looked absolutely amazing. Mains and starters were sprawled out everywhere, all lovely home foods like shepherds pie and slices of various meats and plates of veg. It all looked great, however you were drunk. Very drunk. And you knew yourself, if you started eating now you'd throw up and be very embarrassed. So deciding against it you chugged back a pint of water.

You were feeling very hot and closed your eyes, rubbing your face. Your head was starting to hurt and it didn't help the people sat next to you were all loudly cackling and shouting at one another, clearly not feeling heard.

"Oh that was coz of y/n wasn't it y/n?" Remus giggled. slightly nudging you

"Huh?" you asked looking up, the place was spinning.

"We were asking where you'd gotten the booze from in the first place" All eyes were on you and you felt very exposed, you hadn't drank for a bit so it clearly had an effect.

"Yeah, yeah it was-erm- it was me" they all went back to chatting, Remus making sarcastic comments and the others bursting out into giggles. You looked around at them, Remus always seemed more at ease when he was drunk, less tense, he brushed back his over grown curls so you could see his eyes, which looked quite green because of the lighting. He looked very handsome but he'd never see that. Lily was no doubt gorgeous, she had her hair simply pulled back into a ponytail, showing off her face shape more when she smiled. Peter, he looked tired, still he wore a smile for his best friends birthday meal, yet he still didn't look like he fit in. He knew it too, you'd see him throw dark glances at Lily or sometimes you when you'd speak, you could detect a bit of jealousy there. James was his usual James self, clearly relieved to have Remus enjoying his birthday, he'd never liked lying to his friends. He was starting to gel his hair and keep it tamed, probably Lily's idea, it suited him though. Then there was Sirius. You were too drunk to hesitate to look, there he was sat back in his chair a smug grin on his face as he talked to the others, his hair was tied into a man bun, a few strands falling down. God he was beautiful. It would make it so much easier if he wasn't.