Battle on Knowhere

----- August 3rd, 2014 - Knowhere -----

"How are you so calm right now?!"

Y/N, Peter, and Gamora walk away from The Collector's archive and through the bar. Gamora and Peter looked frantic, while Y/N seemed fine as he readjusts his glasses.

"Why wouldn't I be calm?," Y/N asks Peter.

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe because you just watched a girl literally explode!"

"Carina was very unhappy slaving for The Collector. That wasn't my fault," Y/N tells him, "If anything, I shouldn't have attempted to stop her."

"Then why did you?," Gamora asks.

Y/N waves his hands, literally waving the question off, "I'm only here to watch and satisfy my curiosity.. Nothing more."

The other two glance over at Y/N. He struggles to keep his composure and blank face, fidgeting way too much.

The three finally reach the exit.

"How could I think Tivan could contain whatever was within the orb?," Gamora asks rhetorically as they step through the door.

Rocket shouts as he and Groot run up to them, "What do you still have it for?!"

"Well what are we gonna do, leave it in there?," Peter rhetorically questions.

Rocket shouts at him, "I can't believe you had that in your purse!"

"It's not a purse, it's a knapsack!," Peter shouts right back.

"We have to bring this to the Nova Corps," Gamora says, "There's a chance they can contain it."

"Are you kidding me? We're wanted by the Nova Corps! Just give it to Ronan!," Rocket yells, hysterically.

"So he can destroy the galaxy?"

"What are you, some Saint all of a sudden?," Rocket complains, "What has the galaxy ever done for you? Why would you wanna save it?"

"Because I'm one of the idiots who lives in it!"

Gamora grabs Peter by the jacket, "Peter, listen to me. We cannot allow the stone to fall into Ronan's hands. We have to go back to your ship and deliver it to Nova."

"..Right, right, okay.. I think you're right..," Peter agrees, until he says, "....Or.. we could give it to somebody who's not going to arrest us, who's really nice for a whole lot of money. I think it's a really good balance between both of your points of view."

"You're despicable," Gamora tells him as she lets go of him.

"I-"

"Dishonorable. Faithless!" 

Gamora turns and starts to walk off, when she notices a fleet of Ronan's ships flying towards them in the skies. Drax was feet ahead, bearing his blades, with his arms spread in triumph.

"At last!," Drax exclaims, "Ha ha ha! I shall meet my foe and destroy him!"

"You called Ronan?!," Peter shouts at him.

One of the ships begins its descent to the ground. And off to the side, Yondu Udonta and the Ravagers appears around the corner.

"QUILL! Don't you move, boy!," Yondu yells upon spotting him.

Gamora looks to the left, spotting a ship ready for use. Quill, Gamora and Rocket run for it. Y/N contemplates going with them, but stays to finally see Ronan for the first time.

Ronan steps off his ship and Drax waits for him with his blades still raised. Y/N watches as the people around them run away in fear.

"Ronan the Accuser!," Drax shouts.