13 ⭑ What're you some typa' fuckin' stripper?

"Confusion's all I see. Frustration surrounds me. Solution: bid farewell. Sedation - what the hell?"
Confusion and frustration in modern times by Sum41.

✰ ✰ ✰

"Cherry, are you fuckin' kidding me?"

"...Oh no." Stuck on the floor in a pile of spilt, sticky, wet and poorly made pizza dough, my eyes slowly trailed up past the combat boots, and houndstooth pants of Harlow, standing in front of me. Wiping a strand of hair from my face with a dough covered fingertip, I laughed nervously, "Hi... funny seeing you here!"

Harrlow'd been in bed all day, and I could tell by the tired, fed up look on his face that he was sick of me already, "Are you... covered in flour?"

"...Not if you close your eyes."

It was safe to say I sucked at cooking. Like s-u-c-k-e-d.

Baking? A+. Amazing. Top of my class. I made the best cheesecake, and I knew so because I'd spent my entire life eating away my feelings in the form of desserts like a pig rather than expressing them because I wasn't allowed to.

But, there was something about cooking meals, that was just hit or miss. I either forgot and burnt things, or skipped ingredients, or forgot the correct measurements. It was always something, and in this case, I just couldn't get the mess to mix correctly.

I really wished they had because I wanted to do something nice for the boys.

I wanted to make them a home cooked meal for everything they'd done. I couldn't pay rent after all, and I was basically living in their house.

After yesterday and the incident with the terrifying pimp at the Heart Motel, I decided to go back with them, and stay safe instead. And it hadn't been bad.

Mikey and I made up, or rather I forgave him for the whole 'gross' thing after yet another genuine apology.

Niko took me out to breakfast this morning, and tried to cheer me up about everything going on as well. We talked more about my life, how I was raised, and being safe, especially since I was-disowned from my family and pretty much dropped into the world with no awareness for certain things. It was an intense, deep conversation but it was really nice, and I really cared for him.

Harlow on the other hand? Well, he'd done the nicest thing he'd ever done.

He left me alone.

For more than twenty four hours after getting back yesterday, he stayed in his room, seeming sort of depressed. The only time we came in contact was when he told me I could go sleep in his bed, and took the couch from me. Overall, I could tell he was upset by what I'd said about him, and it must've struck a chord, 'cause he was dead silent. Not more than a handful of words spoke to me.

I felt bad, but I'd just gotten so upset with him. I was being stupid, obviously, but-he always took it too far, which led me to take it too far, and then stoop down to his level.