31 ⭑ XOXO.

"Oh, kiss me, beneath the milky twilight. Lead me out on the moonlit floor. Lift your open hand, strike up the band and make the fireflies dance silver moon's sparkling."
Kiss Me by Sixpence none the Richer.

✰ ✰ ✰

"Don't kill me, don't kill me, I'm sorry!" With my heart racing and my keys in my hand to unlock my front door as fast as humanly possible, I could hear Harlow's thumping footsteps running straight at me from the driveway, "No, no, no, no—" I lean...

"Don't kill me, don't kill me, I'm sorry!" With my heart racing and my keys in my hand to unlock my front door as fast as humanly possible, I could hear Harlow's thumping footsteps running straight at me from the driveway, "No, no, no, no—" I leaned against the front door and then screamed once I got inside, sprinting as fast as I could with arms full of grocery bags.

I may or may not have chucked another snowball at him.

But whether I did or did not hit him in the nuts wasn't the issue, the issue was that now he was out for blood.

We'd already chased each other around the grocery store for two hours attempting to pull pranks on one another. This time though, he'd threatened me with an atomic wedgie, and I was not about to pay the price for my crimes by enduring that madness.

"Cherry, Harlow, it's about time you got back! You two have been gone for hours!—"

"Can't talk, Koi!" I screeched past her in the kitchen and dropped bags on the way so I could get to the dining room and hide behind the table, "Excuse me, excuse me!" I spun past Niko and Mikey as they wandered in to the dining room too, clueless.

"What's going on?" Niko chuckled slightly and moved next to me by the table to take some of the bags.

Ignoring him, I squealed and kneeled slightly behind a chair, my eyes peeking through the bars that I was holding onto to see Harlow slowly, like a predator, wander into the kitchen with his arms stacked up with bags. His nose was runny and red, his cheeks were flushed and his eyes were dead set on me without even having to look. He was pissed the hell off.

"You two are weird, whatever." Mikey rolled his eyes and began to unload the bags of stuff I got from the store, "Ooo, mint chocolate chip ice cream, nice!"

"Hey, Cherry, did you get my chocolate?" Kristen jogged into the room and then moved to the right side of the table, thankfully helping in blocking me away from Harlow.

"It's in there somewhere, Kris, you'll find it." I held back a laugh as Harlow stalked closer to the table and set the bags down carefully, bottles clinking and bags crinkling softy.

"Why don't you come out from behind the table and put the bananas away, Cherry?" Harlow replied with a condescending squint as he took off his hat, "I won't do anything I promise, nice and easy—"

"You're such a fuckin' liar." I snickered to myself, slowly standing up straight, "Besides, where do I need to put the bananas? On the counter? I don't need to move. They seem happy where they are."

"How do you know what the bananas are thinking?" Harlow slowly drifted to his left, holding onto the dining room table chairs to help him navigate his way around the area. He was going to try and trap me or catch me, I could feel it, and I wasn't the fastest, having fallen three times on the way home proved that, so I was nervous.