L.

Chapter Fifty.

After the horrid news of Rose's sudden passing, Xavia closed herself off and became extremely depressed. She barely ate, didn't want to socialize, and simply spoke only when spoken to.

Her parents tried their best to comfort her, yet give her some space at the same time. Xavia's heart was aching and she felt like nothing else around her mattered. Her best friend and grandmother was gone.

Within a week, Xavia had to pack up all of her things and put them into storage, then move back in with her parents. Life just wouldn't be the same without Rosetta Jean, better known as Rose.

Zealand wasn't too good at comforting people, but he did his best when it came to his girlfriend.

With a box in hand, Zee stepped up to the Bishop's front door. He knocked four times, and waited.

Ronald came to the door, and gave him a small smile. "Hey son, how you doing?"

"Fine, Mr.Bishop. And you?"

"Uh, decent I guess. Well, as decent as I can be, considering everything that's been going on this past week. Here to see my baby girl?"

"Yes sir." Zee nodded. "I got her a little gift."

Ronald nodded, allowing Zealand to step inside. "Well, you know where her room is. Keep that door open, though." He pointed his finger at the young man.

"Yes sir, of course."

Zealand hit the stairs, jogging up all fifteen of them before making a right turn and heading down the hall to Xavia's bedroom.

He knocked on the door, yet got no answer.

"Bae?" He called out, and still didn't get an answer. "I'm coming in." Zee said cautiously.

Walking in, he saw that Xavia was sitting in front of her window, staring out of it. She had her AirPods in and was mouthing words, which made Zee realize that she was listening to music and hadn't even heard him call her name or come in.

He walked up behind her, putting his hand on her shoulder. Xavi jumped and looked behind her with wide eyes. Snatching her AirPods out, she put a hand on her chest.

"Boy, you scared the hell out of me. I didn't even know you were here." She said, sighing.

"My apologies, mamas. How you doing?" He asked, sitting at the edge of her bed.

Xavia then shrugged, not really giving an answer.

"Not sure? That's perfectly okay. Look, I'm not going to stay too long. I know you need your space. I just came here to give you something I picked up for you while I was out and about earlier." Zee spoke.

"What is it?" Xavia questioned.

Zealand held up the Build-A-Bear box and handed it to her. Xavia took it from him with confusion on her face.

She opened the box and saw that it was a stuffed puppy with a pink tutu and hair bows. Her fur was brown and had tan spots. Pulling the puppy out, she cracked a tiny smile.

"Really, Zee?" She asked, holding the animal up.

"Press her foot." Zealand said.

Xavia pressed the foot, and the puppy began talking.
"Hey sweet pea, it's your Nana! I love you to infinity and beyond. Muah!"

At the sound of her grandmother's voice, Xavi clutched the stuffed animal and began to break down. Zealand pulled her into him, kissing her forehead and rubbing her back.