crave - bucky barnes

pairings: bucky barnes x fem!reader
summary: Bucky's mission took longer than you expected. When he returned home, he made sure to show you how much he missed you.
warnings: 18+ minors dni. smut. slight exhibitionism. usage of endearments such as doll, baby, & sweetheart.

votes and comments are highly appreciated thank you! ♡

    Three weeks.

    That’s how long you’ve been away from Bucky. You never complained about his missions; you had your own as well. Given that you were both a part of the Avengers, it was a mutual understanding. No matter how inconvenient it was, time was always borrowed in order to save the world from impending disaster.

    But can they blame you for momentarily forgetting your role as an Avenger and feeling more like a girlfriend?

    Steve had confirmed that it would take them four days, with a maximum of a week if things went wrong, which you hoped wouldn’t happen. However, four days turned into a week, then another, leaving you with nearly a month without him.

    You were worried, that was a given. The longer the mission, the more concerned you became. How couldn’t you? You were aware of what happens during those missions. There was danger, risk, and the possibility of injury.

    It also doesn’t help that you’re missing his warmth wrapped around your body each night when you sleep with one side of the bed empty.

    “I’m starting to worry about your well-being.”

    A voice from the doorway snapped you out of your thoughts. You turn around to see Natasha holding a sandwich, which you could guarantee was filled with peanut butter. You could also bet that she was aware of what was going on in your head. Natasha was not only a teammate, but also your best friend.

    “Is it that obvious?”

    “Very obvious. I could hear your thoughts from the living room.” Natasha pursed her lips into a thin line, the sides of her eyes wrinkling slightly as if she were about to laugh but had to restrain herself. “At least you’re better than Barnes. He went insane the last time you went on a mission without him and it lasted an extra day. He’d take up residence in the living room until you returned. Are you sure you didn’t give him a potion or something?”

    You giggled at the mental image that formed in your head. At first, you and Bucky dated secretly. You wanted it to be private out of concern that it could upset the team or appear unprofessional. While it was entertaining to fool them, the team eventually decided to give you your own shared room with Bucky, revealing that “pretending we don’t know you’re sneaking every night is pointless.”

    “Are you baking again?” Natasha asked as you removed the tray of cookies from the oven.

    Baking was a way for you to divert your attention. With your mind filled with worries about Bucky, you needed to find anything that would temporarily alleviate your anxiety. Even if it meant flooding the kitchen with your pastries.