32 | One last time

-Noah-

"Noah."
I hear a familiar voice call my name.

I look around me only to see lights. Bright lights that could blind me but didn't?

"Noah." I hear the voice again.
I turn over my shoulder and see someone I've missed so much.

"Mom?" I run as she smiles at me and hugs me.
"Mijo, look at you!" She says with joy in her tone. "I've missed you." I say. "I've missed you as well."

We separate from our hug as she holds my face as every mother does.
"I'm so proud of who you've become." She says with tears in her eyes.
"I'm even more proud that you found someone to share that with."
"Maya, where is she?" I ask and look around.

"She's not here, mijo." My mother says. I turn back and see her smile has disappeared.

"Am I?" My voice drifts away. "No mijo, but you're conscious either." I nod.
"You're going to be a great husband and father, mijo." My mother says, making me tear up. "I'm always by your side." "Thank you mom."

*

I hear the sound of hospital monitors beeping beside me. It isn't one, it's two.

I slightly open my eyes to see myself surrounded by my friends.
I look to my side and see Maya sound asleep beside me.

"We asked them if you could share a room." Elena breaks the silence, probably seeing my concern. "Thank you guys." I say, and they nod.

Maya moves a bit before she opens her eyes, smiling at everyone.
"Good morning." She says, receiving chuckles. "Maya, honey. It's 5 in the afternoon." Sophie says. "Don't ruin the moment." Maya responds.

The doctor knocks on our hospital door and peaks his head inside.
"Good evening lovebirds, how are you feeling?" The doctor asks the both of us. "We're feeling good doc, thank you." I respond.

"With how all the tests are coming back, hopefully you both will be able to go home by Friday, so only 2 more days left!" "Finally." Maya says.
The doctor takes on blood pressure and makes sure our IVs are working correctly before he exits the room.

"Well we better get going, I was going to take Luna to your brothers for the next few days." Sophie says to Maya. "Thanks babe." Maya responds to Sophie.

As everyone starts to leave, Liam takes my jacket from the seat. A box falls from my pocket, hitting the floor and grabbing everyone's attention.

"What's that?" Maya asks. I lift myself up to see the box on the floor. Shit, Shit, SHIT!
LIAM PICK UP THE FUCKING BOX!

Liam picks up the box but instead of being a human with common sense and putting it back in the pocket, he looks at it like a idiot with no clue what it is.

"I don't know, what is this Noah?" Liam asks.
I wonder if I should suffocate myself or Liam.

Maya turns to me with a questioning look. "It's nothing, love." I say.
"Liam, bring me the box." She turns and says to him. I signal Liam to walk out the door and take the box.

He completely ignores me and walks towards our bed, handing Maya the box.
She opens the box and her expression turns shocked.

"Maya?" I softly ask.
"Yes." She says.

Her arms tug around my neck, taking me by surprise as the box with the engagement ring I had chosen lays on our bed.
I tug her closer while I hear her sniffles beside my ear.

"I love you so much!" She whispers. "I love you, amor." I say as well.
I hear Liam awe behind Maya. "Go away, you ruined the surprise." I tell Liam. He just laughs and leaves the room.

"What took you so long?" She says as she hits my chest. "Proposing in a hospital bed wasn't my idea." I say. "Honestly, this is better than any proposal."

I take the ring out of the box and slide the ring on her finger.
"Maya Castillo, will you make me the craziest and luckiest man ever and marry me?" I ask.

"Yes!" She says, kissing me after.
Our kiss wasn't forceful. It was passionate, meaningful, loving.
It was a sign that everything from now on would be okay.

Thank you for reading today's chapter.

FINALLY! Now to plan the wedding, next chapter!
Also this story is almost done so sorry but I have a new series coming so you won't see the last of me!

I hope you enjoyed today's chapter. stay healthy and safe, I love you babes. -R <3

 -R <3