Chapter One

"Fuck you."

"All you have to do is ask lover boy." My best friend Tyson winked at me playfully with a seductive grin.

Gross.

My face scrunched up in displeasure as he began to laugh. The sound of lockers slamming came from all around me as we stuffed our books into our bags for the next class. It was now fourth period and time wasn't coming fast enough for lunch. Unfortunately we had fourth block for lunch so last of everyone but as an athlete all I ever want to do is eat and get laid but seeing as neither of those was happening I was bored out of my mind.

Tyson turned to me once he was finished with his locker, signaling with a slight nudge from his head to the side to tell me let's go.

It was two weeks in to our senior year. It was crazy how time flies so fast and your left with knowing years has passed you by and it'll be the final one before everyone you know and loved would leave to begin their own lives. I hated thinking about it. All I've ever known was the friends that I have and the way everyone looked up to me but out there it'd be different than within our small town. I didn't know what the future had in store and that scared me.

Shaking the thoughts away before I got lost in thought, a smile crept on my lips as I watched Summer walk towards me. Her curly blonde locks bounced as she smiled brightly, her cheer outfit clinging tightly to her body showing all all of her curves. Summer and I have been together for about four months now, which is longer than any of my previous flings but with summer it was different. We were friends since freshman year and it was only until a few months ago that we became flirty and more close together before we called it official. Maybe I could love her someday even.

"Man your girl got a nice rack." I glared to my left at Scott who had began walking with us when he noticed Tyson and I. He was another close friend of mine, we weren't as close as Tyson and I but I wasn't sure if I could get close to anyone like I was with Tyson. I've known him since birth and we have always been inseparable.

"Don't say that shit about my girlfriend fuck face."

"Jackson if you want to fuck my perfectly handsome face you can just ask." Scott wiggled his eyebrows at my intense glare before it scrunched up in distaste like it had earlier.

"I would rather eat a homeless man's ass than get anywhere near your ugly, disfigured face." Scott pouted at me in mock sadness just as summer reached me.

I smiled at her as she wrapped her arms around my neck pulling me down for a quick kiss. I felt her soft lips against mine, slight taste of strawberry lingering on her lips. The only thing I hated about kissing her.

We pulled away as some of the players hollered in the halls like the assholes they were. She giggled as she pecked my cheek giving me a short goodbye making her way towards her class.

"If you will please hurry the fuck up so we can get to class before Mrs.Lawson cuts off our balls and hangs them on our necks that would be awesome." Tyson mumbled as we walked faster. Mrs. Lawson was NOT a women to be messed with.

We entered the art room, taking our seats in the usual corner as we grumbled to ours about how stupid it is to take this class. It wasn't by choice it was the only elective not taken by the end of the summer. I put it off for way too long as the two others did and it was the only available option which was bullshit. We were athletes I could barely draw a stick figure even when I tried.

My eyes scanned the classroom in boredom waiting for the teacher to show as students shuffled in quickly probably afraid of their fait if she showed and they were late.

Most of the students in here were ones that we paid no mind too, average people with average looks, average families, no special talents. A lot of them I saw in passing or in casual taunting that some of the guys would give them just to scare them a little. It was entertaining to watch and it never went to far at least in my presence. Whatever the others did when I wasn't around was not my business.

My eyes from across the room set on a particular male. I knew he didn't have this class this period since I've been here two weeks and have never saw him until just now. I didn't know his name and didn't care to know it but he was in the farthest corner from everyone. He was always alone when I did see him, never saw him speak or anywhere outside of classes. He had light brown hair with blonde highlights, the front a tad bit longer starting to get in his eyes but cut nicely that the sides were short and faded. His glasses secure on his face, as his oversized hoodie desperately tried not to fall past his hands. He was covered in chalk and what I presumed to be fresh paint. He was stroking a brush against the canvas in deep concentration, from the side view his eyes were a very bright shade of green that even I could see them from over here.

What was a fact was he was for sure an outcast. I've heard a couple of the guys call him a freak and it looks to be true if he didn't care that he was covered in paint.

I tore my gaze away from the boy as the teacher walked in. As if on que the class straightened in there seats as she walked in, the class growing silent from its noisy chatter. She walked up to the middle of the class clapping her hands together as she spoke.

"Today each of you will be painting something meaningful to you. Make it personal. I want a full painting done by the end of the period. Begin."

We each grabbed a canvas from the closet as we sat back down in our seats. The class went into a quiet chatter as we got our colors together.

"Jackson, 50 bucks says you won't paint the imagine of your balls." Scott said, a smirk on his lips as he looked at me offering me a challenge.

I normally would say no to this especially because of how Mrs. Lawson is but I could look like a pussy and back out now. So instead I raised a brow with a sly remark. "Hope you're ready to pay up labowski."

Needless to say, Mrs.Lawson was not happy with me.

"Jackson Wilmington!" Mrs.Lawson screeched loudly as the class turned to look in our direction. I was only half way done with my masterpiece as she walked over to glance at everyone's art when she graced me with her presence. Not.

Her face was a bright red from anger, her eyes hard and cold as she took a sharp breath. "Detention! Two weeks. This is highly inappropriate and I will be calling your mother. You're lucky I don't inform your coach of your behavior young man. You will be here after school everyday to scrub the art mural down as your punishment. Do I make myself clear?"

I nodded my head slowly, pushing down the grin that wanted to appear. Two weeks of detention for fifty bucks? Worth it.