Banquet and Discussions

Punctuation Key:

"Spoken dialogue"

'Quoting'

*Action*

Emphasis

Internal thoughts/talking to Ciel

[[Ciel talking]]

{{Thought Communication}}

I also have a discord server for discussion, questions, suggestions, or whatever. https://discord.gg/SVkTU2CQ2s

Rimuru POV

The fight is over and I'm relieved. I don't really like doing things like that, but it was necessary in this case. I was challenged, so I fought Beluran and he ended up losing. There was nothing more to it even if he made me quite angry in the process. That's irrelevant to the outcome, though. I can't show weakness in the face of an enemy, so his fate was sealed the moment he decided to challenge my seat among the Heptagram.

Afterward, Ciel told me she wanted to hold onto Beluran's soul instead of breaking it down into magicules and I didn't stop her. She said she had 'reasons' to keep it. I didn't pry for details; I don't need to know what she's planning.

I wouldn't say I'm in a good mood now, but I've at least calmed down for the most part. Well, some nice food during the banquet should cheer me up.

Iruma on the other hand...well, I think I scared him pretty badly. Being the sweet, innocent kid he is, he begged me not to finish Beluran off, but I don't regret my actions. I simply did what I needed to do as a Demon Lord and the leader of my country.

I'll have to make it up to him later, maybe explain some things better so he understands why I did what I did. The food should help improve his mood too, knowing how he is.

Now that that's all taken care of, I need to clean up. I'm a total mess as well as the area around me. Both are completely covered in Beluran's blood; gross. So, I use my ultimate skill: azathoth to absorb the grime and then I go about returning the room to its previous, smaller state. I also remove the barrier I put up to contain the battle and return the table to where it belongs in the center of the room.

After I finish up it doesn't take long before Guy begins approaching me, clapping slowly as he does.

"Nice job, Rimuru! Although I would have loved to see you play with him a bit more before finishing Beluran off." Guy complains in his normal arrogant manner.

*sigh* "I am not in the mood for this right now, Guy." I retort, not wanting to deal with his nonsense right after the emotional rollercoaster I just went through.

"I just think you went a little too easy on him, that's all. Well, since you were a little disappointing you might as well provide food for the banquet." Guy says, leading into him dumping his work on my lap again as usual.

"Excuse me?!" I shout irritatedly.

"You can, can't you?" Guy asks, grinning at me in an infuriating way.

"Well...maybe, but I don't want to!" I admit reluctantly.

"Rimuru's country does have the best food so I agree, he should provide it." Luminous chimes in.

"Seriously, you too?!" I yell.

"I want Tempest food too! Pleeease!" Milim shouts excitedly.