Chapter Fifty-Five

Chapter Fifty-Five,

Saturday.

It was finally the day

It was finally the day. The day of the party Jungkook's grandfather hosted for their new Hotel in Seoul.

Apparently, they have two other Hotels. One in Busan and the other in Jeju island and according to Jungkook, this hotel in Seoul will be managed by him and he'll have to quit his job as a firefighter.

He sounded sad while telling you this yesterday when you two went for dinner together, but....... A little selfish side in you was relieved that Jungkook won't be working such a dangerous profession. You'll feel much better saying goodbye to him knowing he'll be behind a desk instead of risking his life every day.

But ....yet, it's selfish.

You were well aware of this. But, you didn't tell him since he sounded like he knew what he was doing, apparently, it's something personal.

Anyway, you were inside Jungkook a taxi heading to the party venue. For a reason you were aware of, you didn't let Jungkook pick you up and suggested meeting there.

Ten minutes earlier he texted saying he's waiting for you next to the gate so you two can enter together.

"I will introduce you as my girlfriend tomorrow." Shyly the man told you as he was driving you home yesterday night, your cheeks flushed at the thought.

It was easier to tell Jimin and the others but...... Once Jungkook introduces you to his grandfather, the whole relationship will be more official and this is making your stomach hurt. Tomorrow will be eventful.

"I hope this won't turn out into a K-drama, let me tell you from now I will slap your grandfather if he offers me money..... Old or not." You joked, Jungkook laughed and the tight grip on the steeling wheel softened making you smile.

Why is he all nervous? Shouldn't I be the one trembling with thoughts?

"I already told him about you, he won't go against me when after I finally agreed to take over the business." He pointed out and kept focusing on the road.

"D-Did you......... I mean did you agree because of me?" You bite your lips immediately feeling bad.

"You were a part of it, but mainly I agreed to break off the engagement with Lee Nari ...... She already had someone she loves and I had mine." He turned and smiled at you sending the butterflies to fly inside your stomach. "If it's a sacrifice I had to make to be with you then I won't complain, though I will miss the night shifts and the adventures -as you like to call them- I don't regret making that decision."

"So you'll quit being a firefighter?" You searched his face for something but you failed as always. It was kind of frustrating that you can read all the people in the world but failed to when it comes to the most important one.