17: Clary

"We are gathered here today, to mourn the shadowhunter Jace Herondale." Jia Penhallow said solemnly.

Everyone was wearing white, and I realized I was standing at Jace's funeral. Beside me, Izzy was crying and beside her Alec stood, crying silently.

Then all of the sudden Sebastian appeared in front of me. He was wearing all white, and had a smirk on his face.

"He's finally mine, little sister." He said

I tried to run toward him, but he was too fast and stabbed me with sword, and everything went black.

I woke up drenched in my sweat. Light was streaming the windows of room, and you could hear the sounds of New York outside.

It was only a dream, I thought to myself. This was strange, I hadn't dreamt of Sebastian in months. Sure I had one every once in awhile, but they were never like this. I got out of bed and got dressed. Jace was coming back today.

I walked downstairs, where just Will was eating breakfast. Why was it always him? I sat down across from him and he smiled at me. By the angel he was attractive I thought. I know it's creepy for me to think that Jace's great great great great grandfather is attractive, but I couldn't deny it by this point.

"Good morning Clary." He said. "Excited that Jace is coming back?"

"Yeah. I just hope he's okay though." I said worriedly.

"I'm sure he will be fine. You saved his life." He said and I smiled a bit.

After a few minutes everyone came, and we all ate breakfast. Tessa and Will were whispering to each other quietly, and Tessa looked a bit sad. What happened last night? I thought to myself.

After we were all finished eating, I went back to my room. There was knock on my door, and Tessa walked in. She walked over and sat on my bed.

"Are you okay?" She asked worriedly.

"Yeah I'm okay. Just with Jace and everything, me Isabelle and Alec have been so worried." I said.

"I know. Will is quite worried as well." Tessa said.

"You looked a bit sad today breakfast." I said.

She sighed. "Yes, it was just everything with seeing Jem yesterday evening. It was quite strange, the future me was with him and I met her."

"Really?" I said shocked.

"Yes. I started sobbing as soon as I saw Will. Clary I'm worried, how Will I ever move on when Will...." Tessa trailed off.

"It's okay Tessa, that's awhile from now." I consoled her.

We then heard the Institute doorbell ring.

"Jace!" I exclaimed, and we both walked downstairs.

Everyone was by the door, in the front hall. I looked past everyone, and finally saw Jace. He hugging Isabelle with a smile on his face. He then saw me and smiled at me widely.

"Jace!" I said happily, and went and hugged him.

"Clary." He whispered.

We then released each other, and he took my hand.

"We'll give you two some privacy." Tessa said with a smile and they all left.

Jace and I walked up to that greenhouse, and sat down on the bench.

"I'm so happy your okay." I said smiling. "Isabelle, Alec and I were so worried."

"It was all thanks to you Clary, you saved my life." He said.

"Brother Enoch said that Sebastian was still apart of you. Did you keep seeing him?" I asked worriedly.

Jace's smile disappeared. "I kept seeing him while we were driving, and when we got there I started fighting a vampire that looked like Sebastian. I killed him but he got up, but this time he was Sebastian. Right when he stabbed me I blacked out." He said.

I cringed, even after all this time the damage Sebastian had done still hadn't left.

"But it's okay Clary, I'm fine now." Jace said while kissing my forehead.

I sighed and leaned my head against his shoulder. "Finally."