Chapter 17 The Tournament Pt. 1

Are you. . . All Might's secret love child or something?

Izuku: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . What?

Midoriya and Todoroki stood off within a hall, the sun beaming in through the opening.

Todoroki: Well, are you?

Izuku: *frantically waves arms* That's NOT it at all! Are you crazy?! Besides, even if I was I'd still say no-!

Todoroki: Since you said, "that's not how it is," that means there is a connection there that's being kept a secret, right?

Izuku: WHY CAN'T I LIE TO SAVE MY LIFE?!?!?!?!?!?

They stood in an uncomfortable silence for a moment before Icyhot glared at the palm of his left hand.

Todoroki: Endeavor's my old man. I'm sure you know that he's been stuck as the Number Two Hero for forever. If you have something from the Number One Hero, then

I. . . have even more of a reason to beat you.

———————————————————————

The Numbers One and Two faced one another atop a staircase. . .

All Might: Long time no see, Endeavor.

The Flame Hero's embers swayed as he glared over his shoulder.

Endeavor: All Might. . .

All Might: I haven't seen you since that talk we had with the press ten years ago, huh? I saw you, so I thought I'd say hi.

Endeavor: I see. Well, you've already done that. Leave me.

He began walking, only for the Symbol of Peace to leap to the bottom of the steps and cut him off with a hefty laugh.

All Might: Don't be so cold!

Endeavor: Tch.

Now now, boys. . .

Both looked to the top of the steps, the Number Three Hero having arrived. Her dress swayed with the soft breeze permeating through the area, the blue-haired woman standing with a hand on her hip.

All Might/Endeavor: Shining Star. . .

Diamond: *smirks* It's been a while since the top three have been in one place.

Endeavor: The last time we were all together, you weren't Number Three.

Diamond: You know what I meant, Enji.

All Might: Well, it is nice to see you, Star! Both your children put on absolutely stellar performances!

Endeavor: *eyes widen* You have a child?

That baffled the walking matchstick.

Diamond: Adopted. I've been trying to keep her away from my Hero Life as much as possible. . . But that didn't stop her from butting in from time to time. *laughs*

Endeavor: . . . It's that Rose girl, isn't it?

All Might: Why of course!

Diamond: Yeah, she's my pride and joy. *glares* Don't get any funny ideas.

Endeavor: I won't.

All Might: I was actually wondering how they'd done so well. Is it because they were taught well?

Endeavor: What are you trying to say?

All Might: I seriously want to know. . . how to raise the next generation.