Chapter 52

A few months later, the master of the prisoners of war was redeemed. The rest were also redeemed one after another. In the end, there were more than 1,800 people left, and there were thousands of cattle and sheep in the camp.

    Shen Kuo also specially selected thirty people among the prisoners of war to raise cattle and sheep. Many of the prisoners of war were slaves of local farmers, so they were better at raising cattle and sheep than fighting.

    The remaining more than a thousand prisoners of war went to grow potatoes. Shen Kuo specially bought a large piece of wasteland outside the county, the kind that can't be seen at a glance.

    Mobei is a big place with few people, so there is no shortage of wasteland.

    Although the wasteland looks very dilapidated, the Zhang brothers have a special technique of burning manure, which can turn decay into magic.

    Big Fatty was one of the first ten people hired by Shizi in the county, and he learned a lot from the Zhang brothers.

.The Zhang family brothers have fields, so many people call them, and there are all kinds of seeds, and they can't wait to grow in the fields all day long. They even invited their teacher a few days ago.

    Now they have started to plant apple trees together, and of course the prince has given them a task. If the land is not enough, he can buy more, but growing potatoes is the most important thing.

    The large potatoes they produce are more than a pound each, and the largest can weigh about two pounds. It can be used as both meals and vegetables, and it is durable. Now it has become the most important food ration for the people in the county.

    I heard that Su Jiajun has begun to order potatoes as military rations from the prince, and the production capacity must keep up.

    Big Fatty is happy when he thinks of it, and now he has cultivated three large pieces of farmland. Now he has the fourth farmland, and his favorite thing to do is dig potatoes. .Once you shovel it down, you will feel a sense of accomplishment.

    But when it comes to work, their local people are really not as powerful as the Huns. These people are powerful. But it can be eaten.

    Fortunately, they still have enough potatoes.

    As soon as Big Fat came over, he saw a young Huns, blond and blue-eyed, who looked like he was in his twenties. In fact, it was only his fourteenth birthday called Su Ku. Although he is not young, he is relatively clever among the prisoners of war, and now he is promoted to a petty manager.

    Unlike ordinary prisoners of war, the small butler has fifty pennies a month, and can rest four days a month to go shopping in the city. This is unprecedented for Su Ku. He was originally the slave of the farm master, not to mention pocket money. In the past, I was often beaten for not being able to eat enough.

    Now they live in a big house, he is a small butler and the two live in one room, they don't need to live in Chase. .If the big steward was treated better, he could live in a separate room. In the past, he could only live in a cowshed that leaked air on the grassland farmer's side.

    A person like him has never slept in bed. Now he sometimes thinks back, how he became a prisoner of war, and his life is more vigorous than before.

    His younger sister and mother still work as cows and horses in the master's house on the grassland farm, especially since his younger sister is good-looking, her mother always smears thick horse dung on her face, fearing that something will happen to her.