Chapter 55

In Feiyun City, there are many people with shabby clothes and accents from other places. When they enter the city, they dare not even breathe for fear of being stopped.

    The old and the young went into the city to find an aunt and asked, "Where can I buy potatoes?"

    The aunt who was questioned was also stunned, and said, "What potatoes? We have baked potatoes, mashed potatoes, and a roadside potato stewed chicken pot." Their local potatoes are not only delicious but also cheap. Do a variety of things. People in the county like it very much, especially the baked potatoes, which are roasted on the outside and savory and delicious on the inside.

    Their potatoes are big enough to last a day if you buy one. It's not cheap for two cents a piece. But it takes at least two hours for such a big potato to bake through. Baked potatoes are their delicacy, and you can see them every few minutes on the street.

.The smell of baked potatoes on the road is sweet.

    The old man said, "It's a raw potato!" This news was told by her granddaughter who was married to the outer village, and she also brought one from her husband's house. The grandfather and grandson hadn't eaten for a few days, so they boiled the potato with water and crushed it with a little salt.

    Their village is not far from Feiyun County, and there is nothing to grow in the fields. The price of grain in the county is still high, there are always wars, and there is chaos outside. The grandfather and grandson can only do odd jobs to earn a little money. Chaos, many people sell themselves as slaves, and it doesn't cost much to buy a servant. The worse the odd jobs are.

    Seeing that the mountains and rivers were exhausted, they each thought about their own setbacks, and they came here before dawn. I brought over a dozen wen from my family, and I don't know if the potatoes will be sold to people from other villages.

.If nothing else, this penny alone has already made the poor feel extremely grateful.

    The grandfather and grandson have eaten bark and grass roots, and potatoes are much better than this.

    The aunt said: "Oh, follow this street and keep walking forward. The place where you see the most people is. Listen to the accent, you are not local, right? Many people come to us to buy potatoes recently." dozens of pounds.

    Potatoes are good and easy to eat, but you can't store too much, otherwise, the inside will be empty. Afraid that everyone will be hoarding wildly, the county also posted a notice that potato sprouts are poisonous and inedible. There are thousands of prisoners of war in the county who grow potatoes, enough for everyone to eat all the time.

    With this news, everyone will save a few dozen pounds at most.

    But when outsiders buy it, they cost hundreds of kilograms. Potatoes can be used as the main food, and they can add a penny per pound when they are shipped out.

.The old man was afraid that potatoes would be difficult to buy, so he thanked the passerby and auntie, and the two hurried over. Sure enough, from a distance, I saw many people buying potatoes, everyone lined up, and people in yamen clothes were explaining the poison of potato sprouts to the people below. It also helps to maintain order.

    The grandfather and grandson took a look from a distance and were relieved, the potatoes in front were piled up like a mountain. All of them are very big, and the little grandson said: "If only I could live here." This time he saw that the road was extremely clean, and there were even fewer beggars.

    On the street, you can easily distinguish between locals and non-locals. Although the locals look worn out, their faces are rosy, and there is no shortage of food at a glance.

    What a blessing to be able to eat enough this year.

    His grandfather said: "Hey..." He also thought, but who wants the old and the young?

    Line up to them soon. .In front of him is an old man who writes, he is a poor local scholar who is not skilled enough to open a private school. He is usually on the street to help write some letters, help the poor to write letters, etc. All at once.

    Later, it was incorporated by Shizi, and he helped him to do the registration. He paid an extra 100 catties of potatoes for 500 big money a month, and he packed a meal at noon. If he found this good job, the whole family would be grateful. Old Xiucai Also more dedicated.

    Said: "How old are you." He has been doing registration here, and this work is all done.

    The grandfather and grandson didn't know that they had to ask so much to buy a potato. They were honest people who told him everything.

    The old Xiucai said: "Now there is a job, doesn't our family have a ranch? Recently, many cows and sheep have given birth, and they can't take care of them, so they need manpower. Other tasks require strength, and you can't do it either, as long as you are meticulous. But the treatment is not high, one person is fifty cents a month for food and lodging. "

    Both of them were stunned by this change.

    The old man said, "Isn't it a place that sells potatoes?"

    The old scholar was stunned for a moment, and then said: "You are not here to apply for the application. The place selling potatoes is in the front."

    The old man said again: "Then why are there so many potatoes here?"

    The old scholar said: "These are for the people's peace of mind!" Then he knew that they had misunderstood, and just wanted to cross out their names, but the grandfather and grandson said, "Let's go." Although it was a mistake. But it solved their pressing needs.

    Otherwise, even if you spend more than ten cents to buy potatoes and go back, you will not know how to live after eating these. .The old man was afraid that the writing scholar would not be happy, and praised him for his enthusiasm, which helped them both a lot.

    The old Xiucai was very happy to be praised, but they did not forget their duty, and said: "If you want to be grateful, thank our son-in-law. That is the star in the sky, the big man in the capital, after marrying our little general, to us The city has done a lot of great things."

    He is not the only one who said that, many people say that those who do good deeds are actually born by gods and bring blessings to the common people.

    People in small places are very superstitious. When the grandfather and grandson heard this, they immediately put their hands together, although they didn't know where this immortal seemed to be. They kowtowed towards the potato hill, extremely religious.

    With them taking the lead, the people behind also all kowtowed.

    It turned into a scene on the street.

    ...

.Shen Kuo didn't even know that the people on the street were thanked like this. As soon as he got home, he was stopped by Chu Yan excitedly, and said, "Master Shizi, General Su Xiaojun hugged our family's young master just now!"

    Shen Kuo's eyes also lit up and said, "Really?"

    Chu Yan said, "Well. Young Master Tuantuan cried just now when no one hugged him. Our little General Su couldn't bear to hug him, so Young Master stopped crying immediately." Then he added, "But when I heard that you came back, he put it down again. Now, don't say it was me."

    Shen Kuo tapped his head gently: "Naughty."

    The corners of Shen Kuo's mouth were also very happy. Su Muqian liked such a cute little guy like their family. He also said that he wanted to be a strict little dad.

    He figured it out, General Su Xiao was soft everywhere, but his mouth was tough.

.