Chapter 72

Zuo Xiang entered the palace, and politely gave the emperor the ceremony of monarch and minister.

    If the emperor hadn't seen the list, he would have really been blinded by him.

    The emperor said: "Zuo Xiang, I treat you well, why do you want to betray me with the rebels." When he spoke, he was angry, and his words were full of disappointment and complexity.

    Zuo Xiangdao: "Your Majesty, the crown prince is incompetent. He has no virtue and incompetence, so he is not worthy of this great responsibility." .

    The prince is just taking up an orthodox name.

    The emperor's harem has nothing to do, and I don't know if the emperor felt the crisis, and he didn't focus on running the country at all, but stuck to the harem all day long, fighting with the queen and several concubines there.

.The following droughts and locust plagues are all ignored, and foreigners have not paid tribute this year and are provocative. Peasant uprisings emerged one after another in various places. The treasury is empty, the imperial examinations are fraudulent, and the prince is frantically eliminating dissidents.

    Prime Minister Zuo didn't want to mess around with the Prince of Huainan, but seeing the emperor and the crown prince were smashing together, he was also angry. Since they didn't cherish it, it would be better to overthrow the regime and replace the emperor.

    When Zuo Xiang entered the palace today, he probably guessed that the emperor would take this opportunity to attack, and it would be a big deal to die. He had taken his family to the other place long ago, and he was alone and had nothing to worry about.

    When the emperor heard his words, he said: "If you help them, you won't be afraid of leaving a stigma for thousands of years." Since ancient times, the orthodox has been pursued, and the name is not right. Even if he succeeds, what will happen.

    Zuo Xiang said: "Your Majesty, you are confused. History books are always written by victors."

.The emperor's face turned pale. Zuo Xiang said again: "Your Majesty, you are already gone."

    The emperor brought the country from his ancestors, but it was taken away by the younger generation, which was a shame and humiliation. He has been in bad health recently, and he coughed non-stop when he was angry. Angrily speechless.

    Zuo Xiangdao: "The emperor still has a method. The Huainan prince is your nephew. You can abdicate and give the throne to him. Keep a decent one."

    Since ancient times, it is not that he has not given the throne to his nephew.

    When he is a supreme emperor, doesn't he like to play palace fights with the queen and a few concubines, so that he can play in a generous way in the future, and he no longer has to worry about the small and medium matters of the court.

    The emperor was annoyed by Zuo Xiang's understatement, and immediately said: "If anyone commits a crime below Zuo Xiang, he will be fined 20 whips."

    The Zuo Prime Minister was then taken away. The whip of the court cabinet was very sinister, and after beating people, they did not leave a mark. .But it hurts. Twenty lashes will kill you and lose half your life.

    When Zuo Xiang was taken away, he didn't even say a single word of begging for mercy.

    After he left, the emperor completely slumped on the chair. His face suddenly looked like he was ten years old.

    The eunuch chief Guan, who had been following him, said sadly, "Your Majesty, you have to cheer up, you are the master of the world."

    The emperor said: "Lord of the world? Haha."