24.

Finally we meet you.

River.

"Please, give me more smoothies." I called out to my mate who sighed for the fifth time in a row, he however didn't complain, just got up from the couch he was sitting at and made his way to me, pressing a kiss to my exposed mate mark, he passed me, grabbed the necessary ingredients and began making yet again a lot of smoothies, I was addicted to them and he was obligated to indulge me. "I wonder how you can eat so much, drink so much and you're barely showing." Riley teased as he made his way into the house, most likely from work and checking on the town, we couldn't pause our lives just because a very large hoarde of killers had decided to make our not so small town a resort spot. "Because dear older brother these babies are hungry, and also because I want my mate to get away from his screen, he's been on it for almost the whole day." I replied just as Julian slid a large smoothie my way.

"As if you haven't undressed me more than six times upstairs, had me make you almost twelve smoothies and bathe you, I'm pretty sure I'm wearing a badge for best mate by now." He retorted making Riley laugh. "Oh, don't act as if you didn't enjoy it." I teased back and his neck turned a lovely shade of red, two can play that game. "Oh, okay, that's something—." Riley was now laughing at both of us as he took off his shirt and threw it at me, his need to be half naked in the house still alludes me, and now Julian has picked up on it, everywhere I look now in the house, half naked men, every queer kid's dream, if only it didn't annoy me at this point. "So how goes ruuning the pack, business, and subsidiaries all on your laptop?" Riley asked settling down next to my mate. "Exhausting, I wonder how River does it so well." Julian replied and I pretended not to hear him but I was secretly gushing over that comment.

Placing my glasses back up higher on my nose I grabbed my tablet and began checking in with everyone, Chad was with the east patrol, Clarke and Brent west, they were also monitoring the people there, I had successfully managed to cure everyone and the water aswell but it didn't hurt being careful, Kirk was with the south patrol, the campers hotspot, it always had an influx of tourists there and it was always a good idea to keep watch on them from the shadows, Kent, alpha Khan and Granger were in the north side, it was imperative they kept watch there since the major road that simultaneously went to and from the pack into town was there, and if He were to mount an attack, I'm sure he would use that way. "Anything?" Riley asks as I send my reply to alpha Khan, I shake my head as a response, there was nothing of note, it was all silent.

"He's waiting us out." I finally stated what had been on my mind for the past few days, whoever He was, he was waiting us out, waiting to strike when we became frustrated and hasty, now he wouldn't dare do it but given more time and less resources, his plan to slowly suffocate us would work. "River you can't mean." Riley responds having caught on. "What are you talking about?" Julian demands and I move from the kitchen to the lounge entrance where he and Riley were. "He knows if he attacks now, he won't win, we are well equipped to fight him back, but he forced us to evacuate the town, raise the shields, also he slowly poisoned us hoping to decrease our numbers so that when he attacked, we couldn't fully fight back, he's an excellent strategist, and therefore he'll wait us out, because he thinks we are dying, we have no resources since we've hidden in the barrier." I explained to my mate and the gravity of the situation finally got to him until he snickered.

"How dumb does he think we are, we knew he was coming, the underground tunnel system connecting us to the other packs is fully operational, we've stocked enough food in one home to last them the whole year and more is being delivered each day, the territory is huge there's no neeed to venture beyond it, it'll be useless, we are actually waiting him out, sooner or later he'll get frustrated and when that happens I'm very sure he's the one who'll make a hasty decision." Julian exclaimed with conviction and a certainty I had aswell, He, would make a badly thought out decision. As my thoughts settled my senses spiked, for just a mere second I was flung out of my body and into the west side of the territory, something had gotten past the first barrier and was trying to get through the second.

"We need to go to the west side, tell Brent and Clarke to be alert." I immediately told my brother and mate, they too quickly shot into action and we ran outside into Julian's Range Rover. "You might want to speed up." I suggested as he stepped on it. My mate complained about how I was a speeding lunatic well he was just as bad, I might've suggested he speed up but making the car fly wasn't it, I wouldn't tell him though, we had gotten to the clear part of the territory in record time. "Come on!" Riley ordered as he stripped and shifted, Julian did as well, and they bound for the woods with me on Julian's back holding on for dear life, I now understand how Chad felt, Brent, Clarke and a few more warriors joined us as we raced into the thick brush and woodland, just as we neared the boarder the barrier waned, a wave of fire and magic shot out throwing all of us back and the ones trying to get in.

I coughed harshly as Julian helped me up still in his wolf form, stomping on the ground I allowed my magic to break the earth beneath my heel further apart until I felt the water, I waved my hand pulling it up and like a hose it shot out, I didn't need to cast a spell to move the water just pure magic, extinguishing the fire consuming the trees was fairly easy. "Dolterah nasvos." I cast the reinforcement spell on the barriers and they gleamed with magic sealing back up. "Impressive, we've had a lot of unsuccessful tries to get past that barrier, only by sacrifice could we go through." A lone lycan spoke, his aura I couldn't read and his eyes were dark, no whites to them, behind and beside him were shifted lycans ready to attack, looking past him the fire was dying down but a few recognizable witches and lycans were dead there, eaten and burnt away by the barrier.

"Are you He, if so, we've heard a lot about you." I hissed as I allowed my magic to rise up and flow around me, the lycan infront of me flinched when he felt how cold it suddenly got. "My reputation precedes me then, I had wondered how it had been impossible for Shara, Duk, Nadia and the rest to take you down, luna River, now I see the reason, the crystal witch and the blood lycan have been protecting you alpha." He asserted looking to me, then my mate and Riley, I wondered how he knew about us, it was history that had been burnt away into myth and legend, I suppose there is truth in all of it. "What do you want, why attack the lycans, they haven't provoked you in any way." I called out taking his attention again. "Why not attack them, they are ruthless beasts that need someone worthy to lead them, and usher them to a great purpose." He replied boastfully just as fate unraveled before me.

The thread that connected to him was slowly burning away, he would die soon, but there was something else, fate would only unravel if it meant he was lying, and if he were it meant a lot of things, which I couldn't think on now as the lycans opposite us were set loose to attack. "Kill them all." I mumbled as the lycans I stood with attacked as well, I ran in the opposite direction knowing one way or the other He would follow me and he didn't disappoint, as the lycans fought to kill he had slipped past them into the woods. "Very clever, you knew you were the target so you isolated yourself, considerably dumb move." He called out as he stood infront of me. "Was it?" I whisper in response allowing my body to fade away into the wind, he lunged for me but only clutched air, he had stumbled into my prison easily some strong leader he was, I watch from above as he grolwed and shifted into a large dark brown beast. "Lucifer's Hold: Purging Light." I cast the spell as several spheres of light cascaded into the sky, they rumbled with accumulation of power before it hailed down in one singular beam of holy light that scorched the lycan beneath me, if he were truly He, devouring soul energy would help him survive the attack.

As the attack faded the dark lycan had shifted back, he now stood naked, burnt to a degree that his skin sizzled  much like the ground. "Some threat you are." Julian called out as he, Riley, Clarke and Brent walked over to where our so called enemy and I stood. "Your lycans put up more of a fight than you it's sad." Clarke inserted as he nodded toward me, suddenly the lycan's head fell clean off his shoulders another figure I was familiar with stood where he stood before, shrouded in darkness, I knew the being in front of us, I shared a connection with him and as he came into the light my shock was just as apparent. "Dad." Riley and I simultaneously spoke, frozen in place.

+++

Saint_Jay