23: Battle Scars

Some of you haven't seen the concept art for Sanyu and it SHOWS 

(I'm just kidding, I've never shown anyone the concept art I've made for literally anything before) 

I'm not an artist so, you know, manage your expectations 😅. My friend just convinced me to actually show you guys some of the stuff I've drawn for this fic. 

Obviously the cover art is more accurate to what the character is supposed to look like (since bnha is an series with its own artistic style that I try to match) but this was what came to mind when I first designed Sanyu's character! 

Currently Sanyu's hair is actually longer than it is in the drawing but like hell am I changing the sketch now😂 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two days later All Might was sitting in a hotel room, mulling over the events of the battle.

He was retiring, that had been decided for him. He didn't have the strength to keep going and honestly, he didn't much want to fight like this. Fighting in his condition-he'd just be killing himself.

But he couldn't quite find a reason to keep living if not to be the symbol of peace. What was he without the title? Without the status and responsibility that came with that, what did he have?

The man was broken out of his thoughts by a knock on the door.

"Come in." He said, expecting another team of nurses coming to check his vitals. The man was surprised when the door opened under its own power without a hand in sight.

But it all made sense when Oyama wheeled himself into the room.

The man had thought about the kid since the battle too, of course he had. But he hadn't expected him to show up.

"We should talk." The boy said simply. The nurse that was accompanying him nodded to All Might and walked off down the hall.

"We should." The hero said, sitting up in his hospital bed. It was a struggle with his injuries, but he managed it. Oyama wheeled himself to just beside the bed and stared at All Might with steel grey eyes.

"We've been introduced many times now." The man began, "As teacher and student, as All Might and Supernova, but I'd like to do it once more.". He smiled down at the teen.

"I'm Yagi Toshinori, you can call me by my first name.".

The boy nodded. "I'm Oyama Sanyu, sir. You can call me by my first name as well. I'm still not used to being called Oyama.".

"So it is your real name." Toshinori said. Sanyu nodded.

"I wouldn't have changed it." He explained. They fell into a small silence before Toshinori spoke up again.

"You're fluent in English, I heard from some of the students. Why?".

"When I was 12 I was taken to America to be trained. I learned quickly. Japanese is more foreign to me now." He said with a shrug.

"I remember feeling like that." All Might replied in English, "I was a hero in the States for a long, long time. I nearly lost the language.".

"Where'd you live?" Sanyu asked, switching to English as well. It felt good to have a conversation that felt familiar. Swapping hero stories in the language he had always done it in.

"California." The man said, "I have moves named after lots of places in America, but while I was there the hero agency I worked for was based in Cali.".

A smile ghosted on Sanyu's lips. "For me it was New York. I was trained upstate." He explained, "They sent me all over the place for missions but the closest thing I had to a home was in Queens.".