16

As Zee parked her truck in the parking lot of the Oxbow hotel, she sighted Stanley waiting for her outside his car.

Concerning his dressing, his attempt at decorum impressed her. Instead of saggy jeans and a T-shirt bearing vulgar texts, he was wearing a fitted dark green shirt atop white pants and dark sneaker boots. His stud earrings were still on though and he was looking good.

As soon as he sighted her truck, he walked over to meet her. She stepped out of the car and they hugged heartily before separating.

“You look so pretty, Zee. I’ll be the envy of the room.”

Zee smiled. “Thanks. You look great, like a gentleman in many ways.”

“Thanks. You can say that again. Let’s go.” He took her hand and they walked towards the glass heavyset double doors of the restaurant.

The door attendant upon seeing them opened the glass door and greeted them to which they answered politely.

Quiet live piano music filled the room from a corner where a male musician was controlling the keys with practiced enthusiasm.

The affluent-looking guests inside were few and he led her to a corner of the room, pointing at a table for two. “That’s our reservation.” He told her.

“I am impressed.”

“I wish I could have taken us to the business section at the other part of this floor. Then it would be just me and you in one of those rooms. You deserve it.”

“Stanley, this is fine. Thanks.”

“Cool. Let’s see what they’ve got here.” He said, picking up a menu laid out on the table. Zee also picked up a copy of the menu. After a while, he looked at Zee. “I want to signal the waiter. Have you picked something?”

“Yeah.”

He signaled a waiter who drew near and took their orders. Zee ordered a plate of fish fillet and French fries. Stanley ordered fries with fried turkey breasts. Then he added an average-priced wine. The waiter finished taking their orders and left.

Zee smiled at him, thinking about how cruel it would be to tell refuse him after all his efforts. She would have to keep him.

Stanley returned her smile, thinking about how he could not wait to get her addicted to a certain drug in particular.

One of his friends had used it to keep a girl to himself. The girl always needed a shot, had used all her money, and could not afford it anymore. His friend would always bang her for a shot. He said she was his special plaything.

That was the same goal he had for Zee. She was so beautiful, perfect, and wild. She was his spec. However, she was holding back in some way and he would have to break her barriers. The drug would be perfect.

Zee was distracted as a group of men entered the restaurant, walking on either side of a tall guy in their midst.

Holy shit! It was Michael and his men. Zee’s heart skipped a beat. They paused just inside as an attendant hurried over to them and said something while pointing in a direction where a corridor granted access to the VIP section of the place.

Zee lowered her head and used the menu to hide her face.