chapter 20

I woke up in Charles's arms. It was best feeling ever. I loved feeling close to him. I took a glance and saw that it was 10am. I had sleept for quite a while and Charles was still sleeping. We hadn't been up for that long, but I guess he was tired.

I decided to stay in bed since I didn't want to wake him up. His chest lifted up with regular intervals, it all looked so peaceful. I could watch him like this for hours. Not in a creepy way though. His lips, his face, his hair. Everything was perfect. I felt movements for my side and saw how he slowly opened his eyes.

-Is this how you start every morning? Charles said with a raspy hot morning voice. I mean staring at people.

-Em wha- what no, I said trying to defend myself while blushing.

-I'm just teasing, he said grabbing a tighter grip around me. Good morning baby.

We stayed in bed for at least an hour more just cuddling and slowly waking up. Charles orded some brunch to his apartment door so we didn't need to make anything to eat or leave his place. We ate on the couch watching some Netflix. We didn't really have any plans for the day or at least not until later. Charles had told me late last night that he was going to suprise me.

-Do you want to play some F1 2020? Charles asked when an episode ended.

-Yeah why not, I said. I will totally beat you.

-You know I drive these in real life? He asked trying not to laugh at my confidence.

He turned on the game and told me about how to steer the car. It wasn't too complicated, or at least I thought. We started playing and of course Charles was better and faster than me. I was crashing about every other courner and was really struggling.

-No, Charles just said.

I turned my head his direction seeing his car stopped on the track. Then I felt his hands on mine. He showed me how I should steer once again but now with me. He got me up to grips and we started a new race.

He was still much faster but I wasn't crashing that much. I still kind of got around the laps. Not fast though.

-Ohh look I'm lapping you, he said pointing at the screen trying to tease me.

That only gave me an idea. When he started to approach my car I got out infront of him just in time for him not being able to react. He smashed right into the back of me. I started to laugh uncontrollable.

-Heeyy, he screamed. Is that how you drive huh?

He started tickling me which only made me laugh even more. I tried screaming his name a couple of times but he didn't give in. He continued for a bit more and then stopped.

-Okay okay you win Charles, I said at last.

-That's what I thought, he said laughing.

We continued to play for a while until it was 3pm. We got ready for "water activity" and "beach things" whatever that meant. I put on a cute bikini, a simple dress and a collage shirt over it all. Charles had a relaxed white button down shirt and a pair of swimming shorts.

We started walking down the streets of Monaco together. This time being a bit more careful by taking less populated streets. He had brought a big basket with him. I still didn't know what the plan was, but I liked being suprised.

I started to recognize where we were. We were at the closed off beach that Charles had brought me to my first time here. As last time no one was here. We sat down on a picnic blanket that he had spread out on the ground. He had brought a speaker and started playing some good song.

We decided to go into the water and cool down. He had brought rackets and a ball so we started playing some beach ball in the water. It was going great for me, or at least better than that F1 driving game Charles and I played earlier. We played on for a while until I won the last game.

-Yes! Ha I got youuuu, I screamed at Charles showing my competitive side.

-Well at least I got you earlier, he said while checking me out. You're really beautiful Alex.

I approached Charles keeping eye contact with every step I took. When I got even closer I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him passionately.

-Thanks Charl, I responded afterwards.

We went up on the beach and started a fire. The sun was starting to set and the scenery was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Charles had brought some picnic food and he really had thought everything trough. We sang along to some songs and just enjoyed eachothers company.

-You know Alex I'm really glad I met you, he said out of nowhere.

-You know Charles me too, I said giving him the largest simle ever. You've change my life for the better. I mean it wasn't bad before, it's just so much better now.

-I've been wanting to ask you something for a while actually, Charles said looking down quickly.

-You know me too, I said shyly.

Was I really going to ask him? Yes I really wanted to. And I had to be brave.

-Oh well, he started but I cut him off.

-Would you made like to be my boyfriend? I said as he also asked me:

-Would you like to be my girlfriend?

-Yes, we both exclaimed at the same time.

-You know we don't have to be official to the media, but for ourselves and maybe other people? Charles asked.

-Yeah let's probably wait with the media, I agreed. I still need to get used to the media, but we could totally tell our friends.

We leaned in and kissed over the blanket and the food. This night had been perfect. His planning, the place and us finally becoming official.

We walked home to Charles place hand in hand. There wasn't that much people out so we decided to be brave. And I think either of us wanted to be scared anymore. Charles is my boyfriend now. Wow.

———