17 can we take this to your spot ?

don't you worry, this ain't new,
can we take this to your spot?
i'm on eviction number 2.
THE WEEKND

CHAPTER 17   SCARAMOUCHE

you were wondering why heizou wasn't going away from you when he dropped you off at your dorm. in light of the fact that his dorm is on the upper floors.

"what are you still waiting for?" you said, puzzled, and he responded with a pout, "no kisses?"

"we're not together anymore, heizou," you groaned, observing how heizou's expression rapidly changed, which he hastily concealed with a grin.

"then let me do this," he said, softly grabbing your hand and kissing your ring finger. as you had allowed him to do this, his smile became larger.

"have a wonderful evening, y/n," heizou stated as he began walking away from your figure. you had been left speechless for a moment before shaking your head.

the h/c-haired girl entered into her dorm after turning the doorknob, not expecting numerous eyes to be fixed on her and a strange tension to lurk nearby.

the tension increased as you wrinkled your brows, spotting every one of your club members in the living room besides scaramouche. until they all rushed over to you and began interrogating you about your date with heizou.

"w-what, it's a hangout for christ's sake, and were you guys spying on us?!?" you exclaimed, immediately shutting them off, and venti nervously giggled. he had plainly forgotten how perceptive heizou was, therefore there was a good risk they'd be discovered spying on the two.

venti's silence already implied 'yes,' then you crossed your arms in response. you walked over to the couch and sat down, taking note of everyone's eagerness for your response before beginning to explain.

to begin with, it was always made clear that it was a friendly get-together and not a date.

a specific bowl-cut-headed youngster sat on his sisters' dorm sofas. makoto raised one of her eyebrows in curiosity as he had an obvious scowl on his lips and was deep in thinking.

"what's on your mind, scara? you've never looked so focused before," makoto pointed out as she took a seat next to him, while ei sat opposite from them, a novel in her hands.

"none of your concerns," scaramouche spat, pulling away from his elder sister, not wanting to be taunted by her. "you're clearly hiding the fact that you're definitely thinking of a girl," makoto grinned and said.

scaramouche's cheeks flushed, and he tched at this, denying, "no, i'm not! how could you conceive of such a thought like that?!" he started, observing makoto's laughter and ei keeping her laugh in.

scaramouche was becoming irritated with his two sisters at this point; he had no clue why he approached them for advice, despite the fact that he plainly didn't want to talk about his feelings.

while makoto's waves of laughter went down, he let out a sigh. she went on to say, "we never had experienced being in love, well... except for our mother and father that is." the mention of their parents made the two siblings scowl; they had always had a broken family, to begin with.

everything was perfect until scaramouche was born, which happened to be the same day their father died of an illness. their mother was agitated and upset, and scaramouche, who was 5 at the time, was quite vulnerable, to the point that their mother snapped.

now, their mother had abandoned them, as she was too busy working overseas to visit them. the three children were always seated at a huge eating table without their own mother.

it had been a long time since they had seen their own mother.

scaramouche hated himself for it and began to change, unwilling to be weak and expose his vulnerable side to others. he'll constantly put on a show for everyone because he's afraid they'll abandon him if they see how frail he is.

"let's not talk about her anymore," ei said quietly, "she failed her job as a mother to us and scara, we'll always be willing to talk about your feelings," she added, and scaramouche nodded in acknowledgment.

"thanks, i guess," he responded, followed by makoto, who jumped in again, "tell me, who is this girl?" her hand going for her cup of tea from the coffee table as she awaited scara's response.

"she's a friend of mine, i went over the lines to kissing her—" scaramouche didn't even complete his statement before makoto began spitting her tea in surprise, and ei gazed at scaramouche in disbelief.

"excuse me," makoto coughed and wiped her mouth with a tissue. "but, why would you do such a thing?" she questioned, allowing scaramouche to continue where he had left off.

he realized he couldn't mention anything about how she was his roommate and also a member of the host club since it would be surprising news for the two of them to deal with in the first place.

"it doesn't matter why, because I don't want to remember it," he stated, evidently agitated by heizou's presence. "but, there's this ex-boyfriend of hers who is constantly getting in the way." ei swallowed hard to draw their attention to herself.

"i don't think broken relationships can be repaired again, but you still have a chance," ei counseled, adding, "don't do such a dumb mistake again, scara. i feel... humiliated for you."

"sure..." but just as he was going to say anything, makoto put her arms around the tiny boy and exclaimed, "our scara is finally growing up! go fight for your girl and don't fail us, okay?" makoto acted like a proud mother to her child.

scaramouche groaned as her boobs squished his face and nearly suffocated him, "hey, get off me!" but the elder lady continued to embrace him, scara's gaze shifting to his other sister.

"ei! get her off me!" he exclaimed, but then he observed she was already engrossed in her novel, leaving scaramouche to flee makoto's crushing embrace.

scara then commented, "i'm not going to bake your desserts any longer, ei!"

END OF CHAPTER 17 !

⟶ scaramouche's backstory is connected with his actual lore, with a few tiny changes

chapter written; march 13 2022