Chapter 19 The Quarterfinals

The first match of the second round is here!

The long wait was over and crowd were more than ready to get back into the flow of things. It was time for the second bracket!

Present Mic: We got the battle of Class Representatives on our hands! On one side, we've got the one-shot wonder of Class 1-B! ITS ZENY ROSE! VERSUS! The nerdy blue speedster from Class 1-A, TENYA IIDA!

The contestants marched onto the arena, their classes cheering for their class reps!

1-B: GO ROSE! DEFEAT 1-A!

1-A: GO IIDA! DO YOUR BEST!

Of both classes, only few didn't cheer. Bakugo because obviously, Todoroki because obviously, and. . . Izuku?

Uraraka: Hey. Aren't you going to cheer on Iida?

Izuku: I-I-I-I I DON'T KNOW WHO TO CHEER FOR?!

Mina: *gasp* Traitor!

Izuku: Th-That's not it! Zeny's been my friend for years! And Iida's my friend too! I can't just cheer for one side!

Kirishima: Then cheer 'em both on! It's more manly than picking sides!

Izuku: *laughs nervously* O-Okay. . .

Tokoyami: . . . The bout is to start soon.

That being said, all eyes gazed down to the arena. . . .

———————————————————————

Arena

Zeny Rose casually stretched, Iida doing so with much more seriousness in his motion.

Iida: I've just realized. . . I know nothing of Rose's Quirk. Not even it's name!

Zeny: This guy is going to be trouble. His speed is no joke. . .

Midnight: Are both contestants ready?!

Iida/Zeny: Yes!

Midnight: I want a clean fight! And be sure to put on a show! Presentation Micheal!

The Rose raised her guard as her opponent readied himself to take off. . .

START!

Iida: Accelerate!

His engines exploded to life, shining bright as he immediately dashed forth! In an instant, he blitzed past Zeny, barging into her and blowing her back! With a pained gasp, she flipped herself onto her feet and brought herself to the ground!

Present Mic: And Iida lands the first blow with a speedy strike! Will Rose be able to keep up?!

Zeny: He's faster than I thought!

Iida: Sorry, Rose! But I can't lose!

Zeny: Neither can I!

She kicked herself off the ground, sprinted for her enemy only for a turquoise streak to cross her! She dizzily spun, catching herself before falling to see that Iida was now behind her! Swaying aside, Zeny was barely able to dodge his next dash! Tenya spun and skidded along the ground before darted to the side, his speed forming a blue ring within the arena and trapping Zeny within it!

Present Mic: What's this?! I can barely see him!

Stands

Uraraka: Holy- I never knew Iida was so fast!

Kaminari: Guess he was holding out on us this whole time! Go Iida! Avenge me!