28: caught you

"Jay, wake up."

Nami slowly brushed his hair and cupped his cheeks as Jay gave a response to waking up from his sleeping. Jay pinched his head, groaned as he got so dizzy after drinking too much last night. He opened his eyes when Nami stroked his cheeks and was so confused when he was in his room. He immediately leaned his back against the bed, looked at Nami while pinching his head and shoulder. Nami quickly held his shoulder, massaged it to make him feel better but he stopped her by holding her hand and putting it away from him.

"Is that a dream?" He mumbled.

"What are you trying to say, Jay?"

He pinched his head again,
"I was with Haesoo last night. How did I end up here, Nami?"

Nami shook her head, "You must be drinking too much, Jay."

"No, Nami. I was with her. I remember that I went to her house and--" He paused.

"What happened after that?" He mumbled and tried to remember everything that happened between him and Haesoo last night.

"I just remember that I came to her house."

"What was happening after that? Oh my god."

"It must be a dream, Jay." Nami chuckled.

"You slept at the club last night. My manager brought you here."

Jay shook his head, "I went to her house. I'm not stupid."

Nami changed the topic, "Jay, we need to go to our family dinner tonight. It's an important night."

Jay sighed heavily, "Are they going to arrange the marriage again? I don't want to go."

"Jay." Nami stopped him from leaving and looked at him nervously. The guy sat on the bed again, faced the girl while waiting for her to speak.

"Just this time. Don't run away. Let's go to the restaurant."

"Nami--"

"Jay, please." She held his hand tightly.

"My dad will scold me all day long if I don't do what he wants. He will get mad at me, Jay."

"I don't care if you want to swear at him right in front of his face. I don't care if you scold him."

"But Jay, he will get mad if we are not together. He will get mad if you don't want to attend any meeting with me. He wants to see us together all the time. He doesn't care if you are mad at him, but he will turn into a bad whore if he doesn't see me together with you."

"Just this time. Don't run away. Let's go to the restaurant and talk to them."

Jay looked at her for a long time,
"Did he hit you? Or kick you? What did he do to you?"

"He never lay his hand on me."

"Stop lying," Jay respond, hoping for her to tell the truth but she just remained silent.

"Alright, let's go to the restaurant. Let's go to the place together."

~~

"Thank you for coming with me, Jay." Nami smiled at him and fixed her dress before getting off from the car. Jay locked the door, went towards her, and cleared his throat as he was uncomfortable to see her wearing a dress with an exposed chest. He shifted his gaze away and was surprised when the girl suddenly held his hand, interlocked her fingers with him before walking to the restaurant together.

Jay just let her hold his hand as he spotted her dad outside the restaurant. He glued his gaze at his daughter, smiled proudly when he saw their interaction, and went into the restaurant with his wife.