Chapter 73: Shido vs Tenka

In a desolate mountain, where the elevation was over 2,000 meter, two figures were standing 100 feet apart from each other.

The male was wearing light clothes, holding the sword Sandalphon in his right hand, standing in a steady pose.

The female facing him was wearing her dark purple Astral Dress, holding the sword Nahemah in her right hand, pointing it toward the male.

It was Shido and Tenka having a sparring contest, but Shido wouldn't treat this lightly. He knew how dangerous the attack from the other party could be.

"It's been a long time since the last time I saw you fight. Let's see how well you do right now."

Tenka said indifferently.

Shido knew that she was determined to have this fight, so he didn't talk much, simply saying:

"I'm ready. Come at me anytime!"

With a leap, Tenka charged toward Shido at lightning speed. With just one second, she reached where Shido was standing, swinging her Nahemah toward the side of his shoulder.

"Clang!"

Shido quickly blocked her attack with a swing of his Sandalphon, but the impact from Tenka was too strong, sending him backward for one step.

But that wasn't over. Tenka charged at him once again, swinging her sword toward his head this time. Shido quickly squatted down to avoid the attack, jumping forward and trying to get behind Tenka.

Suddenly, a cut was inflicted onto Shido's left shoulder. It was so fast that he couldn't react at all.

"Too slow." Tenka said indifferently. "I won't hold back next time."

Shido gritted his teeth. Feeling the pain on his shoulder, he activated Efreet's ability to heal the wound.

Then, Shido summoned the Angel "Michael" and activated its ability "Shifuru". With this ability, he awakened his full potential, improving his power dramatically.

Next, Shido charged at Tenka, swinging the sword at a much faster speed. Tenka was amazed by his increased speed, but she still blocked Shido's swings smoothly.

While clashing swords with her, Shido worked his brain and tried to find an opening. After a few more blows, he slashed the sword on the ground, causing a smokescreen. However, he coughed on the flying dust, stopping his movement.

Not letting this opportunity pass, Tenka leaped toward Shido and tried to attack, but it was exactly what Shido expected. He dodged sideways and swung his sword at her, but in a split second, she vanished!

Where is she?

Shido turned his head left and right, but there was no trace of her. It was like she never came here in the first place.

No, she's...

Shido turned his head around, seeing that Tenka was right behind him, pointing her Nehemah at his neck.

"Too easy." Tenka said triumphantly, but her gaze unfazed. "You are too naive to think I would fall for that."

"Of course," Shido simply smiled, "that's why I..."

He suddenly exploded and disappeared!

"Wha..." Tenka was surprised by the turn of events, but there was no time for her to think.

Dozens of light rays shooting toward her, most of them sealing her possible escape routes. In other words, she was a sitting duck in her spot.

But before the light rays reached her, dark purple whirlwinds appeared around Tenka's body and negated all of the attacks. Next, with the swing of her sword, a berserk sword beam headed toward the direction where the attacks came from, destroying the mountain behind it.