[chapter sixteen] I love her cherry red cheeks

✧∘* ˚.

What do you do when you accidentally tell your best friend of over ten years that you love them? You fucking panic. You try to backtrack and fix the words that slipped past your lips. You do everything humanly possible to try and take back what you said.

She didn't love Stiles.

She knew that, and yet the words had stupidly slipped past her lips anyway.

With her headphones on, Aires had music blasting in her ears whilst she ignored her problems and prayed they go away.

Last kiss by Taylor Swift blasted through Aires earphones as she strutted through Beacon Hills High School Hallway. Stiles and Scott nervously watched the girl from across the room with frowns on their faces.

"Do you think she's okay?" Stiles whispered.

"She's probably listening to Taylor Swift." Scott mumbled back.

As she approached her locker, Aires pulled out her earphones and switched back to her usual bitchy self. "What?" She snapped at her best friends when she caught their stares.

"Nothing." Scott mumbled with a smile. "What were you listening to?"

The Hale narrowed her eyes at the boy, suspicious of his question. "Taylor Swift. Why?"

"Told you dude." Scott hummed cheerfully to a glum Stiles.

The second Aires' eyes fell on his, guilt struck her. Memories of the night in his jeep came flooding back to her. A thought suddenly struck her mind and escaped her lips before she could stop it.

"I don't think I should go in your jeep anymore." She blurted out.

A nervous chuckle fell from the boy's lips. "What?" He whispered.

"It definitely has bad luck attached to it." Aires hummed in response, adding a shrug to the end of her sentence.

Whilst Scott smiled mindlessly at the girl, Stiles still held up his guard. In the matter of a few days the girl had switched from being miserable, to suicidal, to eratic, to happy and then suddenly back to her old self again. There was something about it that just didn't sit right with him. He knew she had bipolar and it could just be a result of her being off her meds, however he still felt slightly uneasy about it all.

"What's wrong Myst, got a staring problem?" Aires mumbled with a smirk, humour lacing her voice.

His suspicion rose again, something was definitely up with the girl.

"Okay what is your issue?" She snapped, whilst frustratedly crossing her arms over her chest.

"You do realise you're wearing a crop top?" He muttered.

"No way, Stiles." She shot back sarcastically. "I had no clue my boobs were on display. Why, does it make you nervous?"

After what happened in the woods days ago, the Hale was making more of an effort at pretending to be her old self again. Clearly she had been slacking recently and needed to up her game. Whilst her friends were relieved to see the old her coming back, she knew Stiles wouldn't buy it. He knew her too well.

"I need to go talk to Allison, meet you guys in english?" Scott called behind him as he started heading down the hallway.

"Bye Scotty!" Aires yelled back. "Remember to keep it in your pants!"

"I'm gonna kill you!" Scott yelled back, bringing a smirk to the girl's lips.

"I see the old you is back." Stiles mumbled to the girl.